What's new

MY FIRST ROMAN SOLDIER

against the wind

Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2015
Messages
24,896
Reaction score
24,983
Golden Thread
0
Location
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I scooted up to a local park for a 4 hour hunt. Took the DEUS and hunted in program 3.
After pulling a number of brass keys at a depth of about 4 to 6 inches and a number registering 88, I hit a target that made me curious enough to investigate. I located the retainer end of a cufflink, and a small flat non- ferrous plate that was caked with dirt. I was pleasantly surprised when I got it home and cleaned it. It is a SWANK cufflink with a ROMAN SOLDIER on the front. Kind of large for a cufflink but pretty cool.
IMG_3973.webp
IMG_3974.webp
IMG_3975.webp
 
Upvote 12
Looks more Greek to me. Even better i think! Cool find! :icon_thumleft:
 
Nice digs ATW. You sure do get plenty of dirt fishing in.
 
Great digs !!cool cuff link ! Congrats and HH
 
Looks more Greek to me. Even better i think! Cool find! :icon_thumleft:

Agreed, not Roman. I was trying to remember the ancient civilization in the Greek area that dressed like that but can't remember.
 
Agreed, not Roman. I was trying to remember the ancient civilization in the Greek area that dressed like that but can't remember.

Exact the same here. :laughing9: Still thinking about that, but my memory must be killed by alcohol.... :laughing7:
 
Exact the same here. :laughing9: Still thinking about that, but my memory must be killed by alcohol.... :laughing7:

Dad rang & reminded me....... lol

Spartans
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom