What's new

My first silver washington and more

wv hilljack

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2013
Messages
704
Reaction score
602
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro,Garrett 5x8, Nel Tornado / Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro Pinpointer‎/ Minelab X-terra 705 / Makro pinpointer / Nel Tornado coil / Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out to an old one room school house that shows some promise. Wasn't there long and I got the 1935 Washington, about an hour later the rain came pouring down. 1937,1951, and two 57's wheats. Plated gold ring and the shotgun stamp. REM-UMC 12ga Nitro Club made from 1911-15

IMG_0280.webpIMG_0282.webp

These finds are from Wednesday at a local park after work. Needed some pop machine money. LOL I thought it was pretty cool that I found two hearts that evening. One was copper and silver plated. The other is silver. Sorry these are cell pics. My good camera is not working.
 

Attachments

  • Belmont .webp
    Belmont .webp
    757.9 KB · Views: 132
  • Belmont .webp
    Belmont .webp
    757.9 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Upvote 20
How do you delete a pic? I tried to after the preview.
 
Can't wait to see your future post from the school. It has to hold more treasure waiting for you to come dig it.
 
Washington quarters from the thirties are a tough find ! The Great Depression was raging hard by that time so a quarter
was a tough loss for most .
 
Yeah I am waiting for this rain to stop. It supposed rain all weekend.
 
Nice old quarter you found today.
 
Yeah I am waiting for this rain to stop. It supposed rain all weekend.

Rain will soften the ground and those signals will sing out.Just have your Wife hold the umbrella and dig the holes
 
Now that's a idea I like! LMAO I am sure I can coax her into that one.
 
Great job!!! It's all down hill from here!! :occasion14:
 
Now that's a idea I like! LMAO I am sure I can coax her into that one.
Just tell her about the lost Diamond Rings Treasure and the 2 carat beauty that's just waiting for her. Tell her she can keep all the Diamond Rings(she's going to anyway) and you keep EVERYTHING ELSE.
 
Congrats on the old Washington! They sure sound pretty, don't they?
 
Yes they do old dude.
 
Really nice silver.

I found one of those UMC Nitro shell caps myself last year. I know they're not worth anything but I still like 'em 'cause they're old.

Congrats on a nice hunt.
 
Last edited:
Great job keep at it!!! There's more left I'm sure!
 
Congrats on your 1st silver quarter. :occasion14:

Since I wear knee pads I can kneel in the went grass and keep my pants dry, When the clouds open up I wear a cheap rain poncho. Like they used to say in the Army: If it ain't raining, it ain't training. Now get out there and listen to those good beeps that the rain is assisting on as long as it's not an electrical storm...
 
Congrats on your first buddy!
To erase a pic, just while in preview, click your curser in front of the text for image then click backspace until gone.
Keep hitting that spot there is more there especially after the rain, good job bud.
 
Congrats on your 1st silver quarter. :occasion14:

Since I wear knee pads I can kneel in the went grass and keep my pants dry, When the clouds open up I wear a cheap rain poncho. Like they used to say in the Army: If it ain't raining, it ain't training. Now get out there and listen to those good beeps that the rain is assisting on as long as it's not an electrical storm...

I hate knee pads in summer. Last year after being out in the sun for days and days I had ghost white knees and really brown everything else.

No poncho other. I just get wet and make sure my detector doesn't.

But to each his (or her) own. We all have our own style. Whatever works is the "right" technique.
 
It's my second UMC. I found one last weekend over in Bunker Hill, WV while Civil War hunting. Which is kind of strange I found one from the Virginia state line to the Ohio state line. UMC New Country and now a UMC Nitro Club.
 
Yeah she's a blonde but not a dumb one. LOL
 
nothing like the signal of a silver quarter, so great

congrats on a good day diggin''!!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom