What's new

My first silver washington and more

wv hilljack

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2013
Messages
704
Reaction score
602
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro,Garrett 5x8, Nel Tornado / Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro Pinpointer‎/ Minelab X-terra 705 / Makro pinpointer / Nel Tornado coil / Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out to an old one room school house that shows some promise. Wasn't there long and I got the 1935 Washington, about an hour later the rain came pouring down. 1937,1951, and two 57's wheats. Plated gold ring and the shotgun stamp. REM-UMC 12ga Nitro Club made from 1911-15

IMG_0280.webpIMG_0282.webp

These finds are from Wednesday at a local park after work. Needed some pop machine money. LOL I thought it was pretty cool that I found two hearts that evening. One was copper and silver plated. The other is silver. Sorry these are cell pics. My good camera is not working.
 

Attachments

  • Belmont .webp
    Belmont .webp
    757.9 KB · Views: 132
  • Belmont .webp
    Belmont .webp
    757.9 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Upvote 20
Washington quarters from the thirties are a tough find ! The Great Depression was raging hard by that time so a quarter
was a tough loss for most .

Yessiree Bob, in thirty five years of detecting I've found only one 1930 anything silver
 
UH OH , NOT AGAIN . HOPE AND A LOT OF CHANGE.
 
Now the will keep comin great job!
 
Congrats on your 1st silver Washington quarter Hilljack! And older one at that! You sure had a well rounded group of nice finds there! I can't wait to see what you find in your next hunts there so hurry back hehe.

I must have had dumb luck, my 1st silver coin was a 42 Washington quarter, and while I was very excited at finding my 1st silver, I was dissapointed it wasn't a merc lol.
 
Washington quarters from the thirties are a tough find ! The Great Depression was raging hard by that time so a quarter
was a tough loss for most .

Well that is nice to know, puts a whole new perspective on my 1934 quarter. When I found it I thought "hey its older than the others I've found so far". Thanks!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom