My first silver with my new AT-Pro

icemncmth

Nov 10, 2015
NE Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Searched my backyard yesterday and I found my first silver with my new rig. I had searched my backyard before but it is full of trash. The people who lived there before me had a shop in the back and he was a welder so there is a lot of trash in the ground.

1012201516312.jpg
1013201562715-L.jpg

Upvote 23
OP
OP
icemncmth

icemncmth

Nov 10, 2015
NE Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exceptional find! The dimes to! Very cool. I would say there other coins masked in the yard

The dimes were pretty close together. Basically they were where the old clothes line was.

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweeeeeeet Silver !!! that is a gorgeous Morgan !!! Congrats !! enjoy HH

PlayingInTheDirt

Nov 17, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Nokta Fors Relic, Sunray X-1 Probe, Garrett Pro Pointer, Coiltek Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice Finds Congrats :thumbsup:

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that is great, did you check for mint marks, could we get pix of the reverses?
I'd love to find a Morgan, yours is in fabulous shape. Did you wash them?

toadspaghetti

Dec 19, 2014
Sturgeon Lake, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My very first signal with my ATP was a 1917 Merc in my back yard. It took me two months before I turned up a Morgan. The ATPs really have a nose for the good stuff. :)
Yes it was. Since I had pulled up a big wad of red clay I figured it was just another hunk of junk. I used my Pro-Pointer AT and that really helped because otherwise I may have just tossed it to the side. Once I started pulling apart the clay I finally found the dollar and it was really cool to open up the clay and see the silver looking at me!! The dimes were pretty much together or about 2" apart. They were also a shock. I have searched the yard with my coinmaster with the prism mini DD on it and really never ran across these coins. Now I'll be fair and say I really hadn't looked very hard in my backyard.

OP
OP
icemncmth

icemncmth

Nov 10, 2015
NE Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that is great, did you check for mint marks, could we get pix of the reverses?
I'd love to find a Morgan, yours is in fabulous shape. Did you wash them?

All I did was squirt them with a water bottle. No rubbing. Here is a pic of the back of the dollar.

IMG_20151116_191535-X2.jpg

OP
OP
icemncmth

icemncmth

Nov 10, 2015
NE Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My very first signal with my ATP was a 1917 Merc in my back yard. It took me two months before I turned up a Morgan. The ATPs really have a nose for the good stuff. :)

Yes it really does! I was at a local lake just messing around with my girlfriend and her daugher. I was walking a flood area where there is a bunch of junk that gets washed up. Cans...boat parts...etc. Anyway I was just messing around found a few led weights..then a good solid tone with some off sounds. I took out my Pro-pointer and it was going crazy. Found a newer quarter about a 1/2" from the surface with cans all around it. I'm using the stock coil and can't wait till I can get a Nel Sharpshooter or the 5x8 Garrett. Can't decided which one I'll get yet.

OP
OP
icemncmth

icemncmth

Nov 10, 2015
NE Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once you get the 5x8 you'll never want to go back to swinging the big coil.

I kind of figured that...just trying to decide between the 5x8 or the Sharpshooter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread