My first thimble, silver!!

tymber79

Jan 9, 2014
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433122635.705689.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433122653.593817.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433122665.183298.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433122678.456398.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433122689.879720.jpg

Went back to an 1864 mansion home today. Was able to score my first thimble, says silver inside. With initials mkd. Anyone know much about age?
Also found the three mercs there, and later found 3 more at different field. Six makes most in one day for me.

Upvote 16
Awsome piece..
And congrats on your first.
Any hallmark inside?
See if you can take a pic of the inside.
Someone will be able to help.
George

Yes thanks George. On the inside says Sterling and mkd. Looked it up and means Ketchum and McDougall.

Yes thanks George. On the inside says Sterling and mkd. Looked it up and means Ketchum and McDougall.

Cool.
Did you see what years they were in business?

Nice silver dimes, VERY nice thimble!

Sweet silver thimble, definitely on my want list. Congrats!!

Any other time I'd get excited over those 3 mercs, today the thimble takes the show. I found one thimble but, the little sucker wasn't silver. Lol

that's an awesome thimble!, Ive found several thimbles, sadly none silver

very cool find, congrats!!

SHIVERY TYMBERS THIS MAN FOUND A SILVER THIMBLE, AND MERCURY EYES WATCHING THE PRIZE!!!VANZUTPHEN

Nice! I have a thimble from the same company, MDK, not metal detecting though, I bought it from a scrap silver bin.

That's a great looking silver thimble! I'd be proud to display it up front and centre, congrats on the find as they're so personal over a coin.

That is a beautiful Thimble! I'm getting one I found straightened. I hope it's half as nice as the one you have. Congrats on a great find.

That's a beauty of a thimble, and 3 ladies. Nice digs.

Killer thimble! Congrats on all of the Mercs too. Very nice finds.

I found a lot of thimbles, but the only silver was squashed, and cut in half.
I'd surely like on as nice as that, and like PepperJ said it would display with the best stuff.

Thimbles are one of my favorite finds. Many are crushed so you did well. Congrats on the Mercs too

Stece

What a beautiful silver thimble. Looks like it was not used much before it was lost.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back