Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got yer Elk yet IdahoJake?

You location is listed as Clarkston WA can I assume that Lewiston is the next town over? If so I drove through there in 1994.

Crack hunting is slow going but as you found there is gold in there. Working dry cracks just takes time and I wish I could offer a quick solution to speed things up but as gold is lazy it will just continue going further and further down till it hits bedrock so flooding the crack and sucking it clear with a hand suction unit is likely to not net you much.

Somehow in your panning over your equipment I could not see the 'trusty 45' you spoke of so I assume you had it in a holster on you. A 45 acp or long colt? When I started hiking into the canyons here in CA I carried a little .22, then after the first bears entered camp in the daylight and woke my young son and I up I left the .22 at home and brought in the .44 Mag. After the trip where I passed through Clarkston & Lewiston well I'd seen a .454 Casull in Freedom Wyoming and the 3/8" thick steel plate it went through and thought I needed that caliber and then Ruger came out with it and I happened upon a downright good price so I purchased it and it is what I've carried ever since. It is a good noise maker and if the animal still decides to threaten my life well, if it comes down to me or it I know what I have to do.

Sure a mighty pretty location you have for your claim! I love exploring rivers and side canyons especially with my GMT along. Thank you for sharing your video of your trip and the gold you found out of that ole crack and welcome to Tnet........................63bkpkr

184_8445_r1.jpg Where I usually go

OP
OP
IdahoJake

IdahoJake

Oct 9, 2013
Clarkston, WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks 63. Yeah, Lewiston is right across the river...and, no, I haven't got my elk yet. My trusty .45 was holstered. Its a Sig P220 Equinox. Nice gun. If a P220 is good enough for Navy SEALs...then its more than good enough for me!

Hope you're finding a lot of that yellow metal!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread