My first tot lot & wheatie

Outbackwack

Oct 1, 2013
Boston, Phoenix
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (8.5x11.5, 5x8), White's Eagle Spectrum, Garrett Pro Pointer, ZenBori
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put on the new 5x8 and hit the school a couple miles from here in light drizzle. It's 6+ inches of mulch and there weren't many good hits at all. I wound up with 31¢ (2 dimes, 1 nickel and 6 pennies) and a bunch of aluminum bits, including 2 pop rivets that hit a solid 80. The wheatie is a 1956-D and another penny was 1962, both hard to read; both came from around the picnic tables. I think I'll pick up a tumbler with the next Harbor Freight coupon. I stopped MD'ing when it started pouring. The school was built around 1900 so I'm hoping for more finds around the tables. There's also a 2nd tot lot nearby. I was only out for an hour. Cleaning all of the gear after a dirty rainy hunt is a PITA.

Upvote 0

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well at least you found something. I went out in the rain came home muddy and machine covered in mud all for a few pennies and 3 bucks in gas burnt up lol. But got out and got the itch scratched for the day. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread