What's new

My first Walker

Shinerxx

Tenderfoot
Joined
Aug 17, 2008
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
San Antonio, Texas
I stopped by a handful of banks today on my way home from work. The first bank sold me $480 in halves from their coin counter. I had agreed to buy them before they told me how much they had. I bought someone's dump. I only rim checked the whole lot. I also picked up a lone bank roll from another bank in a supermarket. Inside was the 1934 Walking Liberty Half. She made me forget about my previous bank experience.

1934WalkerObverse.jpg


1934WalkerReverse.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Don't fret buying dumps. I've done it DOZENS of times. Pulling stuff like that walker ALWAYS makes it all better though. ;)

That is a nice walker btw... not so much the condition (smoothed out a bit on the front) but an older year compared to more common finds of 1940-43, etc.

Nice work.

~Dave
 
dont worry about buying dumps, Often times you will find silver dumps from a silver depositor with them. OF course the dumper cant just go back to his bank and ask for halves back! LOL So you can reap the benefits. More than once I have found solid rolls of %40s mixed with obvious dumps
 
congrats
I got my first last week. ISnt it sick seeing that nice eagle on the back.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom