My first year MDing

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
This was the first year that I have been involved in this hobby and I think I did OK. I have a total of 1502 coins for a total of $81.20 in change. I only found 2 Merck's, 2 silver quarters, 9 war nickels, 22 Wheaties, 1 v nickel and 1 Indian head penny. The oldest coin found was a 1902 V nickel. Along with the change I found 58 tokens most were Utah tax tokens, 8 foreigner coins, 5 silver rings, 1 gold ring, several copper rings, 2 silver necklace's, 1 silver bracelet & 9 other pieces of jewelry.

I have found several relics such as an old iron trap, axe head, three silver spoons and the most interesting item was the back half of a pocket watch that is .925 sterling that dates back to 1791 and was made in London. And of course those wonderful pull tabs, if nothing else everyone that Md's should be given an award for cleaning up the area they live in. It has been fun and I can't wait for the snow to go away, even though I make my living plowing snow. I have been invited to go south with Kane 23 and as soon as the weather gets a little warmer I hope we will be able to get out & have a little fun. I have set a goal to remember how to post pic's and will try to post more in the future.
[/img][/img]
IMG_0017.jpg
IMG_0017.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0018.jpg
    IMG_0018.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 771
  • IMG_0020.jpg
    IMG_0020.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 753

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on joining the BEST hobby there is. Also Congrats on all your great finds!

Fantastic. The only thing that would have made your post better would have been some pictures.

Maybe a Digital camera will be coming your way at Christmas, if you have been a good boy ;D

HH, Ringfinder

OP
OP
bula

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
I have the camera & I have posted a few pics but I think it was by accident. That's my goal to learn how to post them on purpose.

S

seger98

Wow Bula, you had an awesome year for a first one.... You have done way better then I did my first year out, Congratulations on a great year.

OP
OP
bula

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
see what I mean, if I knew how I made the smaller ones I would post more pics but I have not a clue as to what I did. Any help on the subject? And I am sorry for the mess, some day I will figure it out.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For some reason my first year was my best. Seemed like everywhere I went I found a ring or something interesting. I found more bumbling around than I did on purpose. Grert finds! monty

wolcottdigger

Oct 30, 2008
Wolcott, CT
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Those are great finds I like the old button.
Its my first year too, I found several buttons like that in my sisters yard "1859 house".
Does the weather let you hunt year round out there or are you done for the year like me.
The white stuff has shut me down till the spring, cant wait.

Attachments

• 100_6915.jpg
    100_6915.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 797
P

Pentico

Awesome first year of finds!
Keep it swinging and year two will be even better!
Good luck on 09.................. :thumbsup:

Denver

OP
OP
bula

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
wolcottdigger, we had between 15 & 22 inches of snow here in the last few days. We are pretty much done around here, however we can drive south 50 miles & get into some better weather. That is one thing about southern Utah I can go snow skiing in the morning & be golfing in he afternoon.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Even though they're a little blurry,all's I can say is watch out TNet in 09'.......Great Job Bula.....Keep em' coming :thumbsup:

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there,

Great first year! I Love the rings! Hope many more come your way, especially the rings or finds with history those are the ones that we remember most. I fixed your photos as much as possible. If you have a better pic I dont mind editing it for you!

Crackbadger

Attachments

• index1.jpg
    index1.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 653

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Nice finds, way too go! HH

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely remarkable finds, Bula. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Heck, you've found more in a few months than I've found in 3 years. ;D Wishing you all the best with more silver & gold for '09. Good Luck and Happy Hunting.

:wink: RR

twincapes

Jan 21, 2007
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 w Pro performance coil, Garrett Pro-pointer
Bula-
Nice start, we'll look for more Utah treasure from you in 2009!

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bula,
We need a trip to different sites down south soon, way to go on your first year, kane 23

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread