What's new

My friends find treasure, I find junk

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2013
Messages
9,947
Reaction score
19,963
Golden Thread
3
Location
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Take a look at this crap
IMG_0436.webp

Even the picture sucks
 
Upvote 14
On the bright side your Tom Brady got away with cheating again, leaving 2 Patriots employees to take the fall. That should lighten your mood.
 
It could be much worse .... look at it that way
 
I visited Ft. Myers once, many years ago... before 9/11, anyway... because a buddy of mine had moved from here down to there and he fell in love with the area. Even though he had moved to the Clearwater area by that time, we revisited some of his old haunts in Ft Myers, and stayed at a hotel right on Ft. Myers beach. I loved it too, although at the time there was beach reclamation going on and at times the smell wasn't quite so pleasant... but at night, when the work was over with (or maybe just moved farther down the beach) walking along the beach feeling that cool talcum-powderey sand under my feet.... it was beautiful! I even tried a conch fritter (mmm - chewy) (I was hoping to try gator but apparently it wasn't in season...?)! I always remember that trip whenever I see BWD post.... and reading this post I have to say .... if I could be there, in Florida again, metal detecting and finding stuff like that, especially if my old buddy Scott was along with... I would be soooo happy.
 
I'd be pretty happy with that haul! Variety and silver! And you weren't at work!
 
On the bright side your Tom Brady got away with cheating again, leaving 2 Patriots employees to take the fall. That should lighten your mood.

wow.
 
Is that a tiny soda bottle that I see?
 
Crappy finds! Wish you wouldn't have shared!:laughing7: Oh, and to take better pics you have to.......................

Hey! at least you didn't swipe your detector through fresh slimmy dog pooo, then throw it in the back seat of your car! Come on??? I can't be the only one who has ever done this on a 90 degree day?:laughing7:

You have some cool stuff there! Better than nails and pop tabs!:thumbsup:
 
Last edited:
We love those finds --I have a table full-- tootsie toy -greyhound lines bus - lotsa brass-- and my favorite is my PUBLIC CART badge 7661 from NEW YORK --- dude I'll take your finds anyday-- I like the coins but the relics are timeless once found -- check out my post for today..
 
Your finds look a lot like mine, Dave. I too know your pain. But, every day that I go out I say, "maybe today!"
 
Is that a tiny soda bottle that I see?

I saw it too...
And I was thinking... it IS Coca Cola... heh
And may be the "long lost one". :) worth Gazillions of golden nothingness... or worth at least a dollar to someone :) who knows.

Coke stuff is hot.
 
Hey Dave... that coke bottle marked on the base of it ?
 
Hey Dave, looks like some nice finds there, and any day of digging even junk is better than not digging. HH
 
"Take a look at this crap". Best post since joining. Thanks for the laugh.
 
take Look like a good hunt to me ,, better than beer can shards,,,,,,,,
 
Hey Dave... that coke bottle marked on the base of it ?

Yea, its one of those old mini coke bottles.... copper on the outside, and plastic on the inside... found these before, it had been hit by a lawn mower, this one in good shape. I wish I knew the origin of these things though...someone told me they were key chains, but I don't see an attachment or connection...
 
Yea, its one of those old mini coke bottles.... copper on the outside, and plastic on the inside... found these before, it had been hit by a lawn mower, this one in good shape. I wish I knew the origin of these things though...someone told me they were key chains, but I don't see an attachment or connection...

Could they have been salt and pepper shakers? I think I kind of remember seeing or having something like that.I think there use to be toys with little bottles that went into crates, and into toy trucks. :dontknow:
 
Last edited:
Way to small for a salt/pepper....but I like the idea of a toy... like would go in a pack, on the back of a truck....cool.
 
Prolly from the...
Barbie and Ken Coca Cola Crusing in California Limited Edition... #1 variation light copper frosting... Edition # 5,848.466,56 Version G...

Worth exactly... zippie de do dah. :P
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom