What's new

My friends find treasure, I find junk

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2013
Messages
9,947
Reaction score
19,963
Golden Thread
3
Location
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Take a look at this crap
IMG_0436.webp

Even the picture sucks
 
Upvote 14
Have a little gratitude Dave, there is a few good finds in there?
 
Is the pickle fork silver ? , what about the dime ?
 
Dave, it was a good day. You woke up and got forked....no worries my friend
 
Doesn't look too bad to me. A neat little toy car, a silver Rosie, and maybe a silver fork.
 
If you want to see actual crap, I'll show you a pic of the 200 junk targets I dug today lol. I'd say you had a pretty good day!
 
Boo hoo.."I only got one silver, a cool fork, and a few other things" :tongue3:. I got a whole $0.44 to go with my ox shoe today and I'm happy with it. Just do what I do BWD, set low expectations and you will never be disappointed. :laughing7:
 
Dave, eat a Snickers!
 
Lol beats what I got today.
 
You're right Marsha...the picture DOES suck!
 
There comes a time and many times thereafter in a MDrs "career"...
When frustration and irritation collide with hopes and dreams.

In other words...
Smashing a detector across a tree may enter your mind... :) But rest assured this will pass...

I tell other MDrs that are relatively "newer" to Mding is... Patience... Planning... and determination are keys to the kingdom of finds.

In your case Dave beings your are in the Ft Myers area your "areas" and "planning" perhaps "limit" you to some degree...
I actually am quite familiar with the Myers history... as well as surrounding areas...
Back in the 70's and 80's I know MANY detectorists wailed that area...
Sheesh you even had a VERY successful famous treasure hunter as neighbor who recently passed there.
He retired there and hobbied that area for years as well.

Mding is like fishing... Its all in the "spot"... and situation.
Other factors also always play a part as well... unlike fishing... the detector used and its settings are also a MAJOR part in this...
In fishing the pole matters... but not as much as "your pole" does like detecting.

Beach detecting is your best bet in your area Dave.
Your "general" area is rich in history and has been inhabited forever and is older than St. Augustine...
Your "spots" VIA your finds appear to be "mid century dry spots"...
These produce the types of finds you have posted thus far.

Now not saying you will not find ... OR have not found "good stuff"... you are just finding "typical" MD stuff.
These items you are finding are perfect actually...
This means your detector is at least responsive to metallic items.
WHICH... is a start.
Now...
You just have to have that coil over THE spots.
In order for that to happen...
"think outside the box" mentality will HAVE to happen... AND a little "luck" of the spirit of yester years.

I have had my eyes water from frustration many times in my early years.
But then...
It happens...
:)....
Bam ya hit.
 
I see a silver dime there so that doesn't suck, or is it there for sizing?

Mind you digging down 18-24" for a 50cal. sucks, especially when you already know what the target is.8-)
 
Quite your crying!!!! I had to work. Even a bad day is better than that.:beer::beer::thumbup:
 
Dave I woke up and checked the forum and burst out laughing when I read your post. You wrote what I feel like writing so many times. It gets so bloody frustrating sometimes. I like the early model toy car. Just for the record

Cheers Dave

Steve
 
Ok guys...full disclosure.
I think this post, deep down inside, was in the spirit of the guy who recently found "an ok fugio"

Honestly, I am not at all bent about my finds, these are the results of a third hunt from my latest permission, after a nice, long rain Sunday nite. The 61-D Rosie is my 3rd silver from the yard, which also yielded about 30 wheats. The fork is a silver plated cocktail fork from the Arion company.....1916 thru 1940's. The little car just below the thin Bahia grass, I remember my kids played with those, mid 90's. What I will never understand is the damn .50 caliber bullets.... found like 20 of them in the turf. Defies all logic and explanation. Fact is, I find them all the time here in Ft. Myers, in all directions of town... all I can think of, is a kid had a stash of them, and had holes in his pockets.
The kicker is, the guy who owns the place will be keeping all the finds (except the coins) for a shadow box that he is making, for thye history of his home...so that is kind of cool... come to think of it, I left a shoe horn on his step... gotta go.
 
I'll trade you my "last days" finds for your finds... trust me yours are better--- some days are better than others --but the old pickle forks cool and any day with silver in it ain't that bad ... what no box o gold?
 
THE OLIVE FORK IS COOL AND THE LITTLE TOP MAY GO TO A INK WELL ??????
 
Nice finds! Silver is silver! Don't get too frustrated with what you find, your detector works the batteries aren't dead and you can get on T Net......trade ya! I found a Merc and couldn't post it. :BangHead:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom