Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend's "new" car

Thought Y'all might like to see my friend's "new" car. It just came off a 6 year restoration. The paint still needs to be buffed out but I think it looks pretty darn good.
My 67 GTO is at the same shop now getting ready for paint. Maybe by next spring I'll be riding as well.

57vert1.jpg

Re: My friend's "new" car

Sweeeeet, can you post more pics :icon_thumleft:

hammered

WOW!!!!!! The 2nd. car Iever owned was a "57 4door hard-top....................

hammered said:
Sweeeeet, can you post more pics :icon_thumleft:

hammered

I will post some more pics when I get home Sunday evening.

Hammered,
You asked for it!
57driverside.jpg

57rear.jpg

574.jpg

57int.jpg

57trunk.jpg

Thanks for that :icon_thumleft:, I could look at those pictures all day long. What a beautiful car, I would love to own it :thumbsup:, have you got the engine specs? is it original? or has it been done up?. Sorry for all the questions, but Petrol Head first, detecting, second :laughing7:. Once again, that is a really nice set of wheels :wink:, thanks for posting :icon_thumleft:

Ian

You noticed that I didn't post a picture of the engine bay and that's because it hasn't been detailed yet. He is running a stock 283 out of a 67 Chevrolet. It has a 4-bbl carb. The transmission is a 700R-4 automatic/overdrive. I will post a picture of the engine area when he gets finished cleaning and painting it.
My buddy also has a 63 Corvette roadster with both tops that is 99% complete. However, out of the 4,761 photos I have on my computer not one is of it! I will remedy that by next weekend.

fyrffytr1 said:
You noticed that I didn't post a picture of the engine bay and that's because it hasn't been detailed yet. He is running a stock 283 out of a 67 Chevrolet. It has a 4-bbl carb. The transmission is a 700R-4 automatic/overdrive. I will post a picture of the engine area when he gets finished cleaning and painting it.
My buddy also has a 63 Corvette roadster with both tops that is 99% complete. However, out of the 4,761 photos I have on my computer not one is of it! I will remedy that by next weekend.

I can't wait mate :thumbsup:, thanks. By the way I'm building a car too, check this link out http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,309100.0.html

Ian

hammered said:
fyrffytr1 said:

I can't wait mate :thumbsup:, thanks. By the way I'm building a car too, check this link out http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,309100.0.html
Yeah, I looked at that thread when you started it and posted a reply showing my newest project. You do some wicked good work!

Ian

Sweet 57! :thumbsup: Great choice on the color combo too, real class. :headbang: :headbang:

Ian - Time for some updated pics in your thread too. I'd love to see some shots of the Cobras. Always had a "fondness" for them one might say. ;D ;D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back