What's new

My frustrated dream

rgalan2003

Full Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2005
Messages
174
Reaction score
291
Golden Thread
1
Location
pachuca mexico
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
deus xp v2.0,cscope 1220xd,yukon compass 77b(automatic and no automatic)nautilus IIB,teknetics mark I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dream: Find one working rolex
Reality:I found today a not working rolex,rustly and flooded whit salad water :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Hey, don't knock it as it does say Rolex and that is one more than I ever found. WTG. :thumbsup:
 
rgalan2003 said:
My dream: Find one working rolex
Reality:I found today a not working rolex,rustly and flooded whit salad water :dontknow:

Nice! Send it to Rolex ... Tell em it took a lickin but it aint tickin and ask how the warranty works out. :p
 
If it is real it strongly resembles the submariner! If so and it is real it would probably be worth getting it repaired and a new band. see how the face looks after you clean it up!
 
I think it's a GMT Master. If you have more pics the guys at timezone.com should be able to tell you if it's real or not. They go for 3-4 grand, definitely worth repairing if it's real.
 
definately a GMT Master! get it repaired!

nice find!
 
I've never found a watch, much less a Rolex.................... :icon_thumright:
 
I didn't think a real Rolex would rust like that.
 
No Les I think most of them are Gold, the one i found is 18k White gold, I could be wrong.
 
Rolexes are either stainless steel or 18k gold or both.

If it's real there would be a serial number on the case under the lugs where the band connects. The serial number will tell you the year, model, etc.

Can you take pics of those spots?

JasonB
 
Jason B
I am whit my grandsons in México DF.I will come back to Acapulco in 12 days and I will see if the watch has the numbers.
Rafael
 
Great. Travel safe down there.

Oh, and Rolexes can also be platinum. Thanks.

JasonB
 
rgalan2003 said:
My dream: Find one working rolex
Reality:I found today a not working rolex,rustly and flooded whit salad water :dontknow:

Well, at least you're getting closer! ;D
 
Les West Central Fl said:
I didn't think a real Rolex would rust like that.
You are correct, only iron rusts like that, Stainless steel would come out shiny. The dream still lives!!!
 
Yes my rolex has numbers in evrywhere.The steel is not rustly only stained.The ceramic ring around the sapphire was broken
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom