My Garrett got a gun!

HMS Beagle

Jan 28, 2007
wny
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250 :: Tesoro Compadre :: Equinox 800
So far this is my best find. I immediately called the sheriff and had it taken away. They asked if i wanted it if no one claimed it, I declined the offer.
G

garrettgun1.jpg

Upvote 0
Congratulations, that is one great find. You did the right thing by reporting it to the police. I would definitley try to get it back and if anything, it would make a nice display piece. Did you search the area again. It might be a cache or ammo or other guns were buried.

Man, nice find. The ACE 250 just keeps going and going and going. Don't you just love it. I bet you would
really like the SunRay Probe that fits on this detector. It is a great addition to this detector.

HH, Ringfinder

Once again, thanks for looking and the comments everyone.
It was set on the ground and covered with a pile of leaves. Of course, I scanned the area pretty well and got no other signals.
Yes, I'm pretty happy with the ace250, other than a few things I'm enjoying it. Truth be told, I can't wait to get a better machine, mainly for the better balance.
The pinpointer comment is timed well, I just got a stud finder/ metal detector made by stanley and it works great as a pinpointer. It is sensitive enough to pinpoint the microchip in my dogs neck. My partners pinpointer(whites I think) wouldn't pick it up.
thanks again.
Beagle
HH

HMS Beagle said:
Once again, thanks for looking and the comments everyone.
It was set on the ground and covered with a pile of leaves. Of course, I scanned the area pretty well and got no other signals.
Yes, I'm pretty happy with the ace250, other than a few things I'm enjoying it. Truth be told, I can't wait to get a better machine, mainly for the better balance.
The pinpointer comment is timed well, I just got a stud finder/ metal detector made by stanley and it works great as a pinpointer. It is sensitive enough to pinpoint the microchip in my dogs neck. My partners pinpointer(whites I think) wouldn't pick it up.
thanks again.
Beagle
HH

I have heard of folks using them with great success as a pinpointer. I have never tryed it but just might now. A stud/metal finder made by stanley huh and it works great?

Bridge End Farm said:
I have heard of folks using them with great success as a pinpointer. I have never tried it but just might now. A stud/metal finder made by stanley huh and it works great?

The only reason I considered it in the first place was the separate button for " "metal scan". Technically it has 3 depth settings, from 1/2" to 1 1/2". It has an LCD "bullseye" style depth display, the closer you get to the target the smaller the bullseye gets. And i got it from the local "Big Lots" for $15.88. I figured if it didn't work as a pinpointer I could just put it in the toolbox as a stud finder.
Oh yeah, it is also an AC wire finder, it has a separate tone and light for it detecting the presence of AC voltage
Beagle

HMS Beagle said:
Bridge End Farm said:
I have heard of folks using them with great success as a pinpointer. I have never tried it but just might now. A stud/metal finder made by stanley huh and it works great?

The only reason I considered it in the first place was the separate button for " "metal scan". Technically it has 3 depth settings, from 1/2" to 1 1/2". It has an LCD "bullseye" style depth display, the closer you get to the target the smaller the bullseye gets. And i got it from the local "Big Lots" for $15.88. I figured if it didn't work as a pinpointer I could just put it in the toolbox as a stud finder.
Oh yeah, it is also an AC wire finder, it has a separate tone and light for it detecting the presence of AC voltage
Beagle

roughly how deep you pin pointed with it?

My Sun Ray Probe will go around 2-3 inches deep, some of the hand held pinpointers don't do this well. I have one of the vibrating probes and your lucky to get a 1/2 inch. The Sun Ray works off of your detector and if you have a read out on the screen it will tell you what the target is. You switch off the detector when you using the probe. It is a metal detector. It also runs off of your detector's batteries.

HH,Ringfinder

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back