my general relic hunting program for relics.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a few relic programs but this is the one I use 99% of the time now unless im in the thickest of iron and I mean thick iron.This program is both deep and fast!

sen 90 to 93 I use 90 most of the the time I get tired of digging bbs with 93. I set the tx to 2 and sometimes 3 if im looking for deep targets and the ground will allow it . SEN 90, tx 2, 12 kh ,reactivity 2,silencer 0, full tones, iron audio o,notch nothing, audio respon 5, over load 1, disc 1, this program lets you hear it all. ground balance 90.

That is my relic program if you are hunting deep relics and can stand more chatty machine 93 sens and tx 3 will work sometimes if site conditions allow. New users might want to leave ground balance at 90 for awhile till they get a handle on the machine but if they are comfortable enough swing it around for a few minutes and watch the number and manually lower it to it. My ground balance here runs 86-88 most of the time. be careful here because if you get it to low it will false more . one more thing if your running 12 kh and the machine is chatty remember you can switch to 7 or 17 to see if that helps, I find 7 runs quite in my farm fields just remember the tones go down and up when shift freqeuncys. THAT IS A QUARTER WILL BE LOWER IN 7 KH THAN IN 17 KH and vice versa. hh

Cletus

Nov 24, 2015
Winchester Virginia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro / Garrett AT Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
watched a couple more of your videos today. started my fire for the Deus all over again.
it will most likely be after Christmas but I will own one.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I search using gold field which is a highly responsive all metal program and then when I get a hit I switch to a relic program to see how the target "sounds" for an ID (you can get the ID off the display in gold field which I use to "visually" discriminate iron and possible high value targets before I switch over to the relic program). My relic program is very similar to calabash's except I have discrimination set higher at 8. I just have it set that way because discrim is basically zero with the Gold Field program which is a VCO tone (intensity and pitch of the tone go up when close to a strong target but unlike the discrimination programs you need the VDI to tell you what you are hitting, but it hits everything that's in the ground). Once I nail a promising target with the relic program I switch back to Gold Field to pinpoint it then reocver. I think I will push discrim down to 1 on my relic program just to see what happens to overall responsiveness when searching so I can search more with the relic program than gold field - gives my brain a rest from the ground feedback noise when swinging the coil in gold field. Want discrim at min 1 (i.e., not 0) if searching purely on the relic program so ground feedback doesn't drive you nuts (like it does on gold field) and you still can use the horseshoe as a visual indication of iron if desired.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats exactly why I have it on one ground feedback, you are a tough cat using that goldfield program lol

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I'm a little crazy. But you know how you feel like you are partially blind unless you are running full tones, I feel the same same way running purely the relic program vs. Gold field for ground searching because I can swing the coil fast but hear a blip in gf and may completely miss the corresponding whisper tone running the relic program. Definitely can't run GF all the time without going batty tho.

Speaking of batty ever search a field with no hits such that you are so bored that you dig a known junk iron target (i.e. square nail) just to break up the monotony? That's a rough day in the field right there... lol

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats is a rough day, you know you could just bump your audio responce to
5-7 .wouldnt that help ?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats is a rough day, you know you could just bump your audio responce to
5-7 .wouldnt that help ?

Yeah I'll give that a try, haven't fooled with that parameter much and see what difference it makes. I think about audio response more like volume vs. "reactivity" for audio which is probably what it really is so that might be the ticket. I guess I am using GF like those detectors that have threshhold audio buzz and sometimes you are just listening for changes in how the threshhold sounds vs. actual target tones. Boosting audio response might restore my sanity. Thanks for the tip. Learn something new every day about the Deus.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread