My Gold For The Weekend

kiwi jw

May 8, 2006
Hi Guys, Here is my 2.5 grams I got with my 4" dredge up A Coromandel creek in the North Island of New Zealand in the weekend.

matawaigold1.jpg

matawaigold.jpg

Not much but better than a poke in the eye with a blunt stick

Happy hunting

JW :thumbsup: :coffee2:

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats good looking stuff john. at least it has some meat-lately all i have got was fines and small flake.

OP
OP
K

kiwi jw

May 8, 2006
Hi Guys, Thanks. All bloody hard work though as Hoser John will tell you. There was a lot of boulder winching & rock wrestling to get to the bed rock. Gives the old forearms a good working out.

Happy Hunting

JW :thumbsup: :coffee2:

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i'm tellin you these boys are using miracle grow! :headbang:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_sunny: AMEN TO THAT KIWI-just went through 18 months a LL gettn' a rebuild on both them shredded,torn,overused and abused elbows sir!! Now seeing as I'm a ol' 60 year old mining dog I should be good to go for another 20 years or so and then jus' sit on the ol' porch with my drool cup chock fulla righteous nuggets and a gleem in my eye :tongue3: tons a au 2 u 2 -John :laughing7:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well Kiwi,
If that color averages from 650 fine to 850 fine (750 fine), that's about $77.48 US today. MUCH better than a poke in the eye! WTG !! TTC

stryker-one

Aug 10, 2007
Independence, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Scorpion Gold Stinger and Tesoro Silver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good looking gold that does not appear as though it has traveled very far--head up hill from the area in the creek where you found it and find its source.

Stryker

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread