txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
;D yep that is how my face really is looking right now!

I had it shipped to my work :'( so I can't use it, I just unpacked it and get to look at it the rest of the day. I did not realize what a monster this machine was, there should be a note saying that future buyers should start lifting weights before purchase in order to be ready for this baby. I am spoiled to the lightness of the Ace, but I am sure I will be up to par before long on this one.

Going to an amazing area this weekend, will let ya'll know more later.

Upvote 0

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Congrats Dawn, good for you. I had my XLT sent to my office too. Opened it up, set it in the corner and stared at it LOL. Good luck with it.

kenb

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
txkickergirl said:
;D yep that is how my face really is looking right now!

I had it shipped to my work :'( so I can't use it, I just unpacked it and get to look at it the rest of the day. I did not realize what a monster this machine was, there should be a note saying that future buyers should start lifting weights before purchase in order to be ready for this baby. I am spoiled to the lightness of the Ace, but I am sure I will be up to par before long on this one.

Going to an amazing area this weekend, will let ya'll know more later.

it is a little on the heavy side, but its built like a tank!you should really enjoy the size feature. it takes a little getting used to, but its nice to have and you will actually kind of miss it if you use another machine without it. good luck with the new garrett!

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shadow0966 said:
Just think , if you go out swing enough times you won't have to work out ;)

thats why I am worried I am going to have one arm built like a tank and the other one skinny. lol

NorCal 6er

Aug 24, 2006
chowchilla, ca
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, GMT, XLT, Fisher C$, Gold Bug 2, 1225, 1220, Minelab SD2200v2
It feels great to get a new machine ;D ;D ;D

thats why I am worried I am going to have one arm built like a tank and the other one skinny. lol

I went from a fisher about 2 lbs if that to XLT 4lbs I've learned to switch arms every so often.

and how could you just let it set there all day, I would have left work as soon as I got it. LOL

HH
Joe

Blackjack77

Jun 16, 2006
Minnesota
Switching arms is a good idea!!! Had a torn rotator cuff, swinging a detector turned
out to be good therapy. Just took long time to work up to swinging alot. Never felt
better-- shoulder-wise!! ;D
You'll really get dependant on imaging. Seems accurate to about 6-8". Keep
discrimination down and dig alot!!
Good luck & HH

OP
OP
txkickergirl

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank God for my ace, I ended up using it mostly. The GTI wore me out...lol maybe next time I will get up to 2 hours swinging it. I also need to go back and read the manual and watch the video again, I kept getting singals size E at 18" or size D at 15" etc. No way was I equipped to dig that deep in the rock hard soil. Think ebay sells cheap backhoes ??? Any how it has tons of features which I love and just like a marriage the longer time in, the more comfortable you get. Thanks for all ya'lls help and encouragement.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
txkickergirl said:
Any how it has tons of features which I love and just like a marriage the longer time in, the more comfortable you get.

LOL I also hear it talks back. Just teasin'. Congrats on the new machine, can't wait to see how it goes. If you have any questions, get ahold of Monty.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread