What's new

My heartbreaker, grab a tissue

hbrown22

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2013
Messages
385
Reaction score
452
Golden Thread
0
Location
north Middle Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
A tear jerker for me anyway, prettiest one I've found. We explored a new section of creek and this was on the last area we stopped at. The whole river/creek bed in this area was like a solid slab of limestone. Very cool looking. The picture of everything is a combination of this morning and this evening. We hunted the rock bed again this morning and found a few things, but nothing significant. We canoed this evening and found some nice, large items. Everything looks to be worked.

#1-my heartbreaker. Glad I found it, wish it was whole though. Any idea on what it could have been? It's 3 1/2" length, 1 1/2"width.

IMG_9037.webp IMG_9038.webp IMG_9036.webp

#2-todays haul

IMG_9040.webp

#3-Could this have been the bottom of a blade/knife? 1 1/2" length, 1 3/4" width

IMG_9049.webp IMG_9050.webp IMG_9051.webp

#4-a couple pretty scrapers. Love the colors. The first one looks like it has caramel ribbons through it, the other looks like wood grain (Dover?)

IMG_9046.webp IMG_9041.webp

#5-a type of knife? Like how it's been worked. 3" length, 1 1/2" width

IMG_9047.webp IMG_9062.webp

#6-Don't know if this is anything, but it was neat looking.

IMG_9059.webp IMG_9060.webp IMG_9061.webp

#7-large scrapers? The black one has some newer nicks, but there is still old, finer work on the edge. The white one was hard to photograph details.

IMG_9057.webp IMG_9056.webp
IMG_9055.webp IMG_9054.webp

Like always, correct me if needed, or let me know what it is. Thanks!
 
Upvote 0
Number one looks like this but not sure I've heard a couple different things and I'm still not sure what it is ? Lol nice find
 

Attachments

  • image-3064977979.webp
    image-3064977979.webp
    43.4 KB · Views: 93
Only thing I found but was labeled out west
 

Attachments

  • image-3698634888.webp
    image-3698634888.webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 92
number 7 looks like something to de-flesh bones with.
 
I am crying here on that first one. Talk about a nice one. Ouch! Probably a big ole Beacon island with that base and flaking. I see lots of scrapers in that black flint in 6 and 7. I like that bow tie one. I think they used it if for stripping saplings . Great couple of hunts right there you guys are hot on the trail. Right now is prime time for creeks cause in a few weeks the leafs will be falling. Then you have to take a back pack blower haha. Thanks for sharing your hunt!
HH
TnMtns
 
Pretty nice finds! That material in #5 to #7 is rather unique. I like it, but that heartbreaker would make me cry too. Sure would have been a beauty! :icon_thumleft:
 
Last edited:
Real super finds:notworthy:#1 looks to a knife blade to me, cry me a river because it's broke:BangHead:
 
Dang you and your hubby are killing it! I like pic #10 it looks like a old one. TN has so much old stuff come out of there. I was talking to somebody that has family in TN and he said on their property they were digging 16 ft to get to Paleo. 16 ft deep is a deep hole. So there is Paleo in TN and I see so much old looking stone posted from there. Nice finds, rock
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom