What's new

My Heartbreaker

Bow Only

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2016
Messages
254
Reaction score
485
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found many heartbreakers over the years but this one is the best of my best, or worst of the worst depending on how you look at it. The reason it is so bad is because of the story behind it. Growing up in a small town, our high school had fields around it and a lot of fields within walking distance. One of my good friend's uncle owned some land adjoining the school that was in pasture for cows. He only had one small area to look for points and it was a hike from the school but I made that hike many times. Walking thru the pasture going to plowed field when I found this broken point in a 6" wide cow trail. The break was as fresh as I had ever seen and the cows had snapped the point in two as they walked the trail. The tip of this point was there somewhere and I looked and looked but couldn't find it. I was going to have to dig to find it. I marked the spot the best I could but when I returned, I couldn't find where I had found the point. The tip is still there and all I have is 3 inch long broken base. The point is worked so well, you can't really see any flakes on it. He was an excellent craftsman.
 

Attachments

  • heartbreaker.webp
    heartbreaker.webp
    21.1 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Upvote 0
metal_detector.gif
Yea, but you have the memories and a souvenir that would have been lost forever - sounds like a win to me. Thanks for sharing.
 
That woulda been a nice'un. Good luck on finding the other half.
 
Really great read about your adventures though, always cool to find anything!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom