My house

GL

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
South Central, NC
When it rains it gets worse. Normally it's ok, just shadows moving and the occasional thump or tapping. but when it rains, or it's thunderstorming...especially at night...it gets super serious very quickly. Things move. Not shadows but objects. Like things end up on the floor and stuff gets hidden or turned. At night when I'm in my room I can hear them whispering but it's not like an actual whisper. It's more like a breath from far away. Hard to describe but you can hear it with the right ear if you try. Lightening makes them visible and you can see things in the flashes that clearly arent there and arent shadows. Real things. Faces. Black blurs that move. There is a pallor over the entire property at night but if it's raining it is really intense like you don't want to look out of the windows. Fear you know?
I have an attic. During the day it's great. I can go up there and hang out or go through my stuff no problem. But at night. No such luck. It is literally horrifying to open the door and even look up the stairs. It quite literally will scare the color off you to do it. I call it the "willies". It is physically difficult to be up there at night and I have never, ever been up there during a thunderstorm. It is comprised of two rooms at the top of the stairs, one side held the female children and the other side was the boys. That was back when this place was new around the turn of the last century. I have taken photos.
Heres one taken around midnight a few years ago:
wtfupstairs.jpg

Anyway, during the day you'll see something out of the corner of your eye and it's gone. Or things fall off shelfs you know were back too far to fall. Or a door will be open or closed when you know it was the other way round before. I am almost tempted to believe in ghosts after living here. It's certainly an unknown experience for me to see this stuff. The whispers are the weirdest thing in the universe. It's like you can only hear it after it's happened and youre remembering it...very hard to describe.

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Wow, dont think I could handle living in a place like that, sounds like a bit too much for me. I know what you are saying about the whispering, sounds like it is right next to you yet far away. Seems when I hear them, the 1st thing I think is did I just hear that with my ears or with my mind? Hard to tell, its so real. Hang in there GL, you aint crazy..........I know you are experiencing something, just cant tell you what it is. Have you tried researching the house, former tennants & history? Might tell you something. :dontknow:

OP
OP
GL

GL

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
South Central, NC
My families homestead. Built by my great grandfather and his brother before the turn of the last century. Lived in by my family exclusively until the early 90s when it was rented and since then only 3 tenants. Now I live here.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beautiful place

I Like the Woodwork !

wtfupstairs.jpg

OP
OP
GL

GL

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
South Central, NC
The entire place is heartpine. The electricity was installed in the late 40s I think and plumbing came in the 50s maybe early 60s.
The last week or two its been typically weird but not as bad as it's been known to get. The corner of the eye thing is a constant though, whispers too. I think a previous poster knows it! It's like you hear it but don't realize until after what it was...it's far away but close. It's like a memory but immediate. Weird and hard to describe.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions