What I experienced this past Monday

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not sure of what it was but here it goes. I was outside working on my central air unit. Our property is surrounded by woods. As I was trying to clean the coils of the AC unit, I started to hear what I thought was a tree falling, as there was branches snapping from up and behind me. I did not think much of it at first because I have noticed it from time to time when one does fall but, this time it was different, it just kept getting louder and louder. Well as I turned around I noticed several branches swaying about 25 foot up in the trees and noticed something about 2-1/2 ft to 3 ft tall and black falling to the ground and I heard whatever it was land. This was approximately 50 yards from me. As soon as it hit the ground this thing got the hell out of Dodge and made a lot of racket doing so. There were braches snapping and breaking, brush and leaves crunching and it just kept on going. Another thing that was weird is that when it ran, it sounded like it was upright on 2 feet, not at all like a 4 legged animal. I was stunned and shocked at what the heck I just experienced. I only saw it for a split second when it jumped or fell out of the trees because the brushy thicket at the edge of the woods was so tall it blocked the view. I did go into the woods to look for evidence and you can see where something broke up dried limbs on the ground and other debris scattered around as it made the escape. My dog was barking like crazy but could not go after it due to being behind a chain linked fence, in our back yard. I called my friend who lives about 1/4 mile down the road, and told him about what the heck just happened to me. He told me about 10 years ago that he took his daughters boyfriend deer hunting one morning. They went to opposite sides of the field to hunt. The teenager noticed something about 30 yards or so from him up in a tree with black hair, about 30 foot up the tree looking back at him. He said it leaped straight out of the tree to the ground and ran off very fast. It scared the kid so much, he quit hunting and went back to the house. He could not describe anything except that it was black and about 3 foot tall. I found it interesting that someone else has experienced something similar in the exact same area. I do not know what to think or even call it. I have tried to do a search on google but no results. I know it was not any animal that would resemble the regular wildlife. I live in middle Tennessee and there is deer, turkey, squirel,possum, coyotes, foxes and coons but this thing did not resemble any of them or even ran like they would have because it sounded as if it was bipedal and not a four legged creature. Deer are very graceful when they run and you can tell by the sounds deer makes when runnning in the woods, that it is deer. I know what four legged animals sound like in the woods when running and this thing ran on 2 legs. There have been times also late at night when I have gone out on the back deck, that I have heard what I thought was someone walking back behind our house. I have hollered out to it and the dogs have noticed it but whatever it was just wandered off. The woods are so thick back there it would take someone desperate to try and navigate it without a light source of anykind at night. Maybe it was the same thing that fell out of the tree, heck I do not know. Has anyone else experienced something like this or know of something like this happening to a friend or relative?

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
I surely don't doubt your story. Maybe you can try some of those 'trail cams' that sense motion.
Up here people occassionly spot 'fishers', the largest member of the weasel family. They are black
& will go up trees. But I'm not sure if they are that far south & they definetely move on all fours.
Interesting, keep us informed.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was watching a show on National Geo chnl. and they were talking about black panthers (cats) have been seen in the south and in your state.So you never know?????????????????? :icon_scratch:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it was running on 2 legs, maybe it's an escaped chimpanzee. Yeah, I know........."IT" could be anything, but a check for any exotic animal refuges or some other source that might have a runaway chimp would at least add to your knowledge base.

Has anyone here ever heard of the exotic animal refuge in central Missouri, on the south side of I-44? Welllllllll, there was / is one. So, it's possible there's one somewhere fairly near to where bigtime lives. Never know.

OP
OP
bigtim1973

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tubecity said:
I surely don't doubt your story. Maybe you can try some of those 'trail cams' that sense motion.
Up here people occassionly spot 'fishers', the largest member of the weasel family. They are black
& will go up trees. But I'm not sure if they are that far south & they definetely move on all fours.
Interesting, keep us informed.

Yes, this is a great idea and I have thought about getting one of those critter cams that hunters put out trying to find game on trails and such. I will check into it for sure.

OP
OP
bigtim1973

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
chkn said:
It'd give me the willy bobs there at night. Keep us posted.

Well I have gone out trying to look for evidence once again and I have noticed some small trees snapped and the broken part hanging down from about 6 to 7 foot off of the ground. Also there is one tree that is dead and about 25 to 30 foot up the trunk of it there is a 6 foot section that has all of the bark chewed off of the trunk all of the way around the tree. Now if it this was at ground level I would not think much of it because I know deer sometimes chew the bark off of trees but, this is over 20 feet up the tree. I found that strange and also there is bark from a limb that has been pulled or ripped off a limb when it was green and I found it 7 foot off of the ground hanging in the limbs. When I first saw it I thought it was a snake skin because of how it was hanging in the tree limb but it was bark from a limb or a sapling. I have never seen anything like that either. Well last night my sweetheart and her mother was walking in the area where I have a brush pile that I burn about 2 times a year which is about 25 feet or so from what I experienced. She was telling her mother about this and they were just out walking in the general area. Well her mother said there is some dead animal out there and my girlfriend said it stunk so bad she was wondering why I had not mentioned anything about it. I told her that I had not noticed the smell of a dead critter but I would go check it out. I went out there about 4 hours after they were there, when I got home. I did not smell anything at all and told her there is nothing out there that stinks. She said there was no chance that I should have missed it...........Well again today we both went out there and no smell, no nothing. So what the heck is that all about? I am not sure. I do wish I had turned around that day 1 second sooner!!!! I am still dumbfounded about it all!!! I will definately keep you guys posted, Tim

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
Just to keep it exciting & suspenseful . They do say there is very strong odor in the
air when there is a 'bigfoot' around. A black bear would likely leave some claw marks
in those trees going up or down & usually just don't jump out of them. A young bear
would probably stayed 'treed'. :dontknow:

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
Black bear gets my vote. They tend to have a bit of a lingering 'aroma' and when they run, it's more like a gallop - you know the front feet move together and the back feet move together - gives 'em a 'two beat' rhythm.

Diggem'

OP
OP
bigtim1973

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have thought of black bear, monkeys and big cats. I do not know any of their habits by any means because I have not been around them any if at all that I know of except there are big cats where I grew up in Texas.. I do know this, a large cat is very graceful and stealthy and this thing was so clumbsy running throught there that I believe it would be impossible for someone to imitate or replicate the sound of all the racket it was making while it was fleeing away that evening. The best way I can describe it is this; take a track athelete and make him run through a brushy thicket full of dead limbs, dried leaves, small trees and other brush and without slowing down. That is about the best way I can describe it.

OP
OP
bigtim1973

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK so here is an update. Last night while surfing the internet, about 11:30 PM the dog starts barking. I decide to go out and get him because I did not want him to wake up my sweetheart. I turned the back porch light on as I opened the door and there my dog is over by the fence and I see limbs and all moving right on the other side of our chain link fence and I did hear something moving in the brush. I did not really think too much of it because I thought it was a deer or something. I come back in to grab my dogs leash( he is a very stubborn english pointer and does not come when called unless a storm is comming in) because I always have to go get him and walk him back inside the house. Well as I was going back out there to get him he was over near the part of the yard where the first incident happened. I got half way to him and OH MY GOSH what a terrible smell I encountered. I am not going to say anything of what I think it may be but I am going to describe the smell as best as I can. It was an odor unlike anything I have ever encountered!!! It smell like sour rotting swampy earth and animal musk and it did almost overpower me. It made every hair stand up on my body and I was almost shocked and I had to come to my senses or I would have just stood there!!!! It was so over powering that words just cannot describe it and I am not exaggering by any means. Look I believe in weird stuff and I do like a good ghost story but I have only been really scared 2 other times in my life and this made it the 3rd time!!!! No kidding, man I was really really really scared!!! I ran inside grabbed my 40 smith and wesson CZ-75 pistol, through one in the chamber, got the flashlight, hollered upstairs for Roxanne to get down here to take a whiff on the back porch. Well she was sleeping and was groggy but finally made it down. There was a slight breeze blowing and when I went back outside there was only a slight scent lingering in the air as the breeze did a good job of getting it out of there. I do not know what to think now. I am not going to say what I really think it may be now but ,I will say this, I know how stale swamp water smells, I know what cotton mouth snakes smell like when they are startled and copper heads too when they are cornered. I know what a skunk smells like and the spotted skunk too, and those stinky little mud turtles, PEW!!! I know what smells are natural to the area, I know what pig farms and chicken farms smell like too. I know my bad smells and this to me was the most terrible of anything I have ever encountered. Worse than rotting dead flesh from deceased animal carcasses!!! This was a putrid, sour, wet swampy earth musk!!!! That is the only way I can describe it. I do not want to call it what some of you may be thinking it may be but I will say it is some sort of weird critter with a very strong scent!!!!! I am speechless of the whole thing so far. Tim

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Sounds like a swamp ape or some related creature to me Tim. I think you need to get one of those night vision cameras & wait for it to come back, with all the activity you seem to be having a few of those game trail motion cameras would be good too. Ive never seen anything like this but know a couple guys who claim they have & I believe them. Dr Jeff Muldrum is one of the leading Big Foot researchers in the world, he has the most extensive collection of cast footprints anywhere, he lives here in town & teaches anthropology at Idaho State. If the activity continues, if you perhaps get a pic or some footprints I might be able to get him in touch with you Tim, he is heavily involved with the Monster Quest television show on History channel.

OP
OP
bigtim1973

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mighty AP said:
Sounds like a swamp ape or some related creature to me Tim. I think you need to get one of those night vision cameras & wait for it to come back, with all the activity you seem to be having a few of those game trail motion cameras would be good too. Ive never seen anything like this but know a couple guys who claim they have & I believe them. Dr Jeff Muldrum is one of the leading Big Foot researchers in the world, he has the most extensive collection of cast footprints anywhere, he lives here in town & teaches anthropology at Idaho State. If the activity continues, if you perhaps get a pic or some footprints I might be able to get him in touch with you Tim, he is heavily involved with the Monster Quest television show on History channel.

I tell you what if I do get some sort of hard evidence I am for sure going to get ahold of someone who may could lend a hand on the situation. For the past couple of years when I go out at night and smoke a cigarette at midnight or so I can remember about 3 different times of hearing something out there walking in the woods. It sounded like a man and I thought someone was trespassing. One of those times I left all of the lights off and walked quietly over to the fence and listened. I have a kind of deep voice and can holler pretty loud. I just yelled out "HEY" and what ever it was just stopped for a second or two then, just wandered off into the distant. Again this thing sounded bipedal, walking on 2 feet. It really did not bother me much then and I kiind of blew it off. I do not know what to think of this situation except what is it? I am still baffeled over the whole situation. My only witness is my dog and he is keeping his mouth shut about it so far!!!! LOL!!!!! Seriously though, something is out there, Tim

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
I'm still sticking with my last post, far-fetched or not
there is very strong odor in the
air when there is a 'bigfoot' around. A black bear would likely leave some claw marks
in those trees going up or down & usually just don't jump out of them. A young bear
would probably stayed 'treed'.
Just makes me wonder why a bear or some other critter keeps hanging right around that one area.

OP
OP
bigtim1973

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tubecity said:
I'm still sticking with my last post, far-fetched or not
there is very strong odor in the
would probably stayed 'treed'.
Just makes me wonder why a bear or some other critter keeps hanging right around that one area.

I am with you Tubecity!!!! I know this is kind of weird and all but I am telling the Gods honest truth!!! I am just going to have to wait and see what else happens. I notice myself jumping at every sound out there now and I got to get ahold of myself. Odds are thid thing has possibly been in the neighborhood for a while but either I am just noticing it or maybe it is comming closer to the house for some reason. I will keep updating everyone here on this thread I created as soon as something new happens or I find out something, Tim

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
I'm not familiar with what towns are where in Tennessee but I found an article on Flintville.
One man said it leaves behind large footprints & a foul skunk odor. A Mrs. Robertson who
saw a bigfoot behind her home described an odor that reminded her of a skunk or dead rats.
Also found this site , the second video is longer. I'm not saying there is proof , I just can't be
so sure that they don't exist. I like the stories that make you say, 'hmm, maybe it's possible.'

http://www.cryptomundo.com/bigfoot-report/tn-bf-video/

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Native Americans have seen these creatures for many generations before the white man came around, we know they used to exist from fossil records (gigantopithecus)...........I dont think its entirely out of the question that there could be small pockets of them surviving in remote areas.

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
could be small pockets of them surviving in remote areas.
==================================================================
That I wouldn't doubt. I spent a few weeks deep in the Bob Marshall Wilderness of Montana.
One night the weirdest, spine-tingling howl like screams woke up most of the elk camp.
I sat up out of a dead sleep & listened to it. It wasn't a cougar for sure. At least one of the
guides said it wasn't a cat & it wasn't a young bull elk with it's shrill whistle. I won't forget it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread