My idea of MDing isnt the same as yours i bet

toye026

Greenie
Aug 10, 2007
Midland, Penn, Beaver county
Detector(s) used
ace 250
i am a virgin MDer. I borrow my dads old radio shack and think I am going to strike it rich. I go to a place I never saw anyone dig before. Well let me tell you. I found me the best foil there is. ohh and next I found a peice of pop can that a lwan mower hit. (about 10 holes dung around there) Still looking for the rest of the can. I know if I put my mind to it I can get the job done.

I move on to the next spot and find more cans. I am getting excited now. After an hour I give up on cans and try a new spot. Low and bohold I find the mother load. You can beleive this or not with my detector I go over this spot and hear that great tone. I look down and on top of the soil I see it..... some sort of button. I pick it up and it is Scooby Doo. I found a scooby Doo hat pin. well I think that is what it is until I clean it off. Toooooooo find out it is PLASTIC.. Don't ask me how I find great treasures like that.

Next day. I am going to get the big stuff now. Well I was in the middle of a park and there is a road off to the side like a brush dump. I put down my md and go check out the road. I look down and find 5 pennys. can you beleive it?? I walk back to get the md and find 4 more

Now with two days under my belt I am nine pennies richer and scooby doo plastic better. with the way i found these things I dont need a md. I got lazer eyes.

Tomorrow my new md comes in the mail. I cant wait.

Tricia

Mar 5, 2007
It may not be my ideal day but certainly sounds like a typical MDing day for me. ROFL

Welcome to the forum.

Love finding children's toys. Found a little Matchbox firetruck but your Scooby Doo pin sounds fun.

Enjoy.

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
You know you enjoyed it.Newbie! Soon you will be hooked for life.

RD

artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ah, it's nice to be young and have "lazer eyes"!! Enjoy 'em while they last..welcome to the hobby-keep 'tectin' and pretty soon you should see some nice, shiney silver or gold to go along with those copper pennies. Welcome!

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Sounds pretty typical to me...of course we live for those days that are NOT typical....by the way...I assure you I am the queen when it comes to finding foil....I thought I bought a gold detector only to find out it was a foil detector in disguise and sis.....she bought a nail detector!! You are SO hooked....admit it! :D Keep at it...I hear it gets better! :D :D

TeddyB1967

Feb 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
Yep it gets better, soon you'll be finding lots of those long square nails, well maybe just nails in general but you WILL find lots of'em :D ;D :D

A sense of humor is alway's needed and welcomed ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread