What's new

My Indian Finds. Control Your Drooling. (added pics)

camb1

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2006
Messages
1,593
Reaction score
317
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are some of my finds over a few years. In the 3rd picture of the black birdstone you can see where I dropped it and broke off head. Ouch that was appraised at $2000. Lots of pics
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7643.webp
    IMG_7643.webp
    11 KB · Views: 983
  • IMG_7644.webp
    IMG_7644.webp
    12.6 KB · Views: 987
  • IMG_7645.webp
    IMG_7645.webp
    13.8 KB · Views: 969
  • IMG_7646.webp
    IMG_7646.webp
    23.3 KB · Views: 965
  • IMG_7648.webp
    IMG_7648.webp
    32.2 KB · Views: 949
  • IMG_7649.webp
    IMG_7649.webp
    32.4 KB · Views: 959
  • IMG_7650.webp
    IMG_7650.webp
    18.1 KB · Views: 947
  • IMG_7651.webp
    IMG_7651.webp
    11.3 KB · Views: 955
  • IMG_7652.webp
    IMG_7652.webp
    11.7 KB · Views: 923
  • IMG_7647.webp
    IMG_7647.webp
    25.9 KB · Views: 923
Upvote 0
Re: My Indian Finds. Control Your Drooling

That's some mighty funky looking hardstone there.......
 
Re: My Indian Finds. Control Your Drooling

Wouldn't it though Plehbah? Early black & decker period...lol
 
Re: My Indian Finds. Control Your Drooling

I can't control my drooling. Awesome finds, Camb.
 
Re: My Indian Finds. Control Your Drooling

Nice stuff....I like the maiden on the plate ::)

Thats a cool frame of points...some pretty ones on there.

Did you dig up the pottery yourself? The first bowl is very nice.

Happy Hunting,

Atlantis
 
Re: My Indian Finds. Control Your Drooling

All the drooling has ruined my keyboard :o what a show!
 
Re: My Indian Finds. Control Your Drooling

The pot was dug by me when I was a young boy in Southeast Missouri. It was found just east of Charleston.
 
Re: My Indian Finds. Control Your Drooling

Killer winged bannerstone! Is it unfinished? Looks like the hole stops half way.
Nice collection.
Newt
 
Re: My Indian Finds. Control Your Drooling

Very nice.
 
Re: My Indian Finds. Control Your Drooling

How about a closer look at the frame with that corner tang in the middle?
 
Re: My Indian Finds. Control Your Drooling

Very nice mix of artifacts there- I would love to see some of them in person.. very cool!
 
Re: My Indian Finds. Control Your Drooling

Newt said:
Killer winged bannerstone! Is it unfinished? Looks like the hole stops half way.
Nice collection.
Newt

It goes all the way through. I just shot it at wrong angle. I almost cr*pped my pants when I found it 5 years ago. If you look at Superduty's post on Local Mound it was found west of it.
 
Re: My Indian Finds. Control Your Drooling

The birdstones and the banners and one axe I would have to view in person. I own an authentic banners and one birdstone and a bunch of axes. These look spurious to be truthfull, nice collection anyways. Happy hunting.
 
Re: My Indian Finds. Control Your Drooling

HEY BUD YOU HAVE SOME VERY QUESTIONABLE STUFF THERE IN YOUR COLLECTION!!! ???
 
Re: My Indian Finds. Control Your Drooling

I think most of these things look legit- a very nice collection.
 
Re: My Indian Finds. Control Your Drooling

Sorry that some of you question some of my collection pieces. I wish I had the collection I had when my house burnt in 1972. I guarantee that I would not still be working. In the excavation at Charleston, MO our family found over 470 complete pots. We probed this area for over 3 weeks. My uncle in Arkansas still has several pieces. The landowner got half, but he passed away and left to daughter. I have been collecting for over 36 years and started at 8 years of age. My family in Illinois owns over 6 mounds. So everytime we till the ground for planting I hit the area for several days. I usually wait for the first rain after tilling. I will show my collection to a few T-Net Members and let them post what they think. Thanks camb1
 
Re: My Indian Finds. Control Your Drooling

Again, lets see that corner tang up close.
 
Re: My Indian Finds. Control Your Drooling

I can't fling stones at your artifacts' authenticity because here in southeastern Iowa we hunt along the Des Moines and find a wide variety of materials and pieces from vastly different times. We don't even have any big mounds but my father-in-law has some very unusual items because he has owned this land for over 30 years. I think you've got some really nice artifacts there and if they aren't real then all I can say is good job to the person who is so talented at making reproductions.
Thanks for posting them.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom