What's new

My inheritence

pointshunter

Full Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2013
Messages
146
Reaction score
48
Golden Thread
0
Location
ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When my grandfather died he had a pretty nice collection. My Aunts fought over most of it so they could sell and make more money. My grandmother being the sweet woman she is saved me 2 cigar boxes full and one small frame knowing her stepdaughters had no idea about them . And also knowing that they never once hunted with grandpa and the only value to them was cash. I've had these put away for some time here are the contents of one box.

image-3326753353.webp



image-1499477562.webp



image-2949143596.webp



image-1876854668.webp



image-167471121.webp



image-724780181.webp



image-582466788.webp



image-893126080.webp



image-4147219330.webp



image-2745436598.webp



image-1943544000.webp
 
Upvote 0
When my grandfather died he had a pretty nice collection. My Aunts fought over most of it so they could sell and make more money. My grandmother being the sweet woman she is saved me 2 cigar boxes full and one small frame knowing her stepdaughters had no idea about them . And also knowing that they never once hunted with grandpa and the only value to them was cash. I've had these put away for some time here are the contents of one box.

View attachment 748355



View attachment 748356



View attachment 748357



View attachment 748358



View attachment 748359



View attachment 748360



View attachment 748361



View attachment 748362



View attachment 748363



View attachment 748364



View attachment 748365

That's what I call a good start. Thanks Grandpa!! Kudo's to Grandma for saving those for you. To bad they weren't all given to you they would have at least stayed in the family................GTP
 
Gotta love grandma. That drill too.
 
That's very true . Thanks for checking them out
 
Mabey a Ross. I'm not real up on Ohio types though.
 
If you meant this one. It could be a funky Afton also.

ForumRunner_20130226_082647-1.webp
 
It is refreshing to see pieces from an old time collection. I know these mean a lot to you! If you are asking about the greyish one, I would think it is an Early Archaic Corner notch that has been maybe damaged and/or highly resharpened. And that is a very nice Drill.
 
#4 and #6 are nice, the drill and the square knife.
 
I'm sure your Grandfather would like knowing you appreciate them more than just what dollar they might bring, that's a special collection. If you get to frame them, include his picture!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom