My Introduction

Celestial

Aug 19, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in RI, USA. I am a college graduate, mid-20s, unemployed, never had real employment in my life, and doubt I will ever have any employment that allows me to live a good life. I always wanted to go treasure hunting and hopefully make something of myself. I am very interested in mainland Europe because it has a long history of treasure from the Ancient Roman and Greek Empires through the kingdoms and empires, up until the WWI era, with lot's of gold and silver coinage, Roman jewelry and treasure caches, and Romans use to bury their coins in the ground to save them. Just one really lucky find in mainland Europe could change my entire life.

I am wondering which metal detector I should buy for when I am able to travel across the Atlantic and spend a month or two traveling across the key sites and forests of the former Roman Empire as well as Medieval roads.

I researched metal detectors and made a list of three that have excellent reviews.

1. Not sure about this one: Metal Detectors - Minelab Metal Detectors - for metal detecting, gold prospecting, treasure hunting, pulse induction and countermine operations.
2. I'm thinking this might be a good one I might want to go with once I buy my first detector. It costs around $2,500: Metal Detectors - Minelab Metal Detectors - for metal detecting, gold prospecting, treasure hunting, pulse induction and countermine operations.
3. This seems like the best one for gold but I could never afford it. It also seems like it's more for gold detection. I'm interested in both silver and gold. Not just gold hunting: Metal Detectors - Minelab Metal Detectors - for metal detecting, gold prospecting, treasure hunting, pulse induction and countermine operations.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
While waiting for a reply - let me Welcome You Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Rhode Island for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the forum!

There's some pretty good members here who are close enough in proximity to meet up. You really need to get some field experience prior to anything else. There's a group of our fellow members from the British Ilse who have rather amazing finds. Just watch the links for those guys. Look at the top for the Banners. The second to the left was from Crusader, a member here. There's actually quite a few British members.

Follow them, see what detectors they are using. I'm a Minelab guy, but there's a whole lot of good ones out there.

Once you're comfortable, you should then get involved, ask questions - but make them relevant to the thread.

And you certainly do NOT want to go on a treasure hunting trip overseas trying a new detector for the first time. So, you have to get involved with the hobby and learn what your detector is telling you.

It's a great dream you have, actually I envy that. Just stay cool, get involved, make friends who will encourage you here, and then dream on to adventure!

OP
OP
C

Celestial

Aug 19, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
While waiting for a reply - let me Welcome You Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Rhode Island for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

What states do you think have the best potential for good finds? I'm thinking Florida, Virginia, Pennsylvania, and North Carolina. I'm sure I could also look for old maps for lost treasure.

I'm not sure that the northeast is as good as the southeast. Although, the northeast was one of the overall wealthier regions for most of American history with more of an industrial base. Any thoughts?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from White Plains, New York! Minelab CTX 3030 would be my first choice on your list. You have a sweet dream. I hope you never wake up! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread