What's new

My Landlord, Who works at My Main Bank

AU24K

Platinum Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2006
Messages
15,505
Reaction score
14,103
Golden Thread
0
Location
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got a call from my landlord and he asked if I'd be interested in a $50 bag of loose pennies...I said,....well,....YEAH! Bring 'em on to Daddy!(Me thinks a drop from someone who had them in a big jar for a few years? Whatever...)
Will post pics and totals later!

Best wishes,
Scott
 
Upvote 0
Ah, Nutz!
He just called and said that by the time he got to buying them for me, they had closed the vault, and it's on a time lock 'till Monday...Grrrr!
OK. I'll have a great weekend.
Just like I wish to all...

Scott

PS. There Will be pictures!
 
Got my fingers crossed for ya, good buddy! Keep us posted
rileyboy
 
Well, he brought it by last night and I just barely got started. It will take a little while for the final count to be tallied. The first handful there was a dime...that tells me that it is a customer(s) hoard and not a bank counted bag.
He told me that the bank opens the individual rolls and puts them in the bag without searhing or even counting the rolls.
I'll be pulling wheats, pre '82 and hoping for the close/wide AM's and extra thumb "Formative Years."
Anything else I should be looking for?

Best Wishes,
Scott
 

Attachments

  • IM002347.webp
    IM002347.webp
    23.5 KB · Views: 524
AU24K said:
Well, he brought it by last night and I just barely got started. It will take a little while for the final count to be tallied. The first handful there was a dime...that tells me that it is a customer(s) hoard and not a bank counted bag.
He told me that the bank opens the individual rolls and puts them in the bag without searhing or even counting the rolls.
I'll be pulling wheats, pre '82 and hoping for the close/wide AM's and extra thumb early years.
Anything else I should be looking for?

Best Wishes,
Scott
IH!!! Flying Eagles!!! But, good luck, I'll be looking foward to your results.
 
Well, after all of the anticipation and excitement, it breaks down like this:
1 dime
10 Canadians
9 wheats including; 1923-P, 1943-P, 1944-P, 1945-P, 1952-D, 1953-D, 1955-P, 1956-D, 1957-D
About $10-$15 in pre 1982 including; 1969-S, 1970-S(2), 1971-S(2), 1974-S(2).

And a 1998-P wide AM.
I haven't looked over the 2009 "Formative Years" yet. Maybe there will be an extra thumb error or two for me...

I'm a bit disappointed, but I am already looking forward to the next bag or box!

Best Wishes All,
Scott
 
AU24K said:
Well, after all of the anticipation and excitement, it breaks down like this:
1 dime
10 Canadians
9 wheats including; 1923-P, 1943-P, 1944-P, 1945-P, 1952-D, 1953-D, 1955-P, 1956-D, 1957-D
About $10-$15 in pre 1982 including; 1969-S, 1970-S(2), 1971-S(2), 1974-S(2).

And a 1998-P wide AM.
I haven't looked over the 2009 "Formative Years" yet. Maybe there will be an extra thumb error or two for me...

I'm a bit disappointed, but I am already looking forward to the next bag or box!

Best Wishes All,
Scott

Not too bad. I would be happy with the steel and the 23. :icon_thumleft:
 
Not too bad, Scott. Better than nothing.
rileyboy
 
thrillathahunt said:
What's a 1998P wide AM worth?

I'm not really sure...I know there is a 1992-P & D close AM, 1998-P, 1999-P and 2000-P wide AM, But I really don't know what the value of any of them are.
Maybe someone could fill us both in...

Scott
 
AU24K said:
thrillathahunt said:
What's a 1998P wide AM worth?

I'm not really sure...I know there is a 1992-P & D close AM, 1998-P, 1999-P and 2000-P wide AM, But I really don't know what the value of any of them are.
Maybe someone could fill us both in...

Scott
In MS-65 it's worth $10.00[size=9pt][size=12pt][/size][/size]
 
Thanks, Chasev!
What are the others worth?

Scott
 
MS-65
1999- $500
2000- $5.00
1992d- too volatile to price.
 
Thanks Enamel7!
I found a 1999-P wide. I'm not sure of the grade, but it sure is pretty shiny! :headbang:
What about a close '92-P? :dontknow:

Thanks,
Scott
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom