What's new

my last 2 outings

WV sifter

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2011
Messages
256
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Well here are my latest finds,i was wondering what the material is on the large brownish orange kirk,along with the brewerton with the bullseye type appearence on it,any input on types or any opinions at all would be great! BTW sorry about the pic quality/size(MASSIVE lol). The larger madison IS NOT broken and glued as it apears,its the fact that there was a softer vein of material running through it,that eroded away over time.
 

Attachments

  • artifacts 002.webp
    artifacts 002.webp
    179.8 KB · Views: 401
  • artifacts 003.webp
    artifacts 003.webp
    77.1 KB · Views: 395
  • artifacts 004.webp
    artifacts 004.webp
    336.1 KB · Views: 398
Upvote 0
:dontknow: i wonder why i even go to the trouble to post pics if i cant get any replies... :hello:
 
Nice finds man. I wish I could find the older points. I went to the cabin last night, and just made it back today. I like the blade the most. Are these field finds? And do you find those blades with them at yhe same place.
 
The 2 points im holding are rockshelter finds, along with the last point on the right ,above the small hafted scraper(3rd pic),the rest are field finds from sunday,other than a couple rough bases and tips i found to that day,man its a shame that black blade has the broken tip,it has awesome flaking along with the basal area being ground smooth its a fresh break from the plow unfortunatly >:( .Just wondering about the material on the large kirk,I dont find hardly any flakes of that material around here,its kinda got me puzzled ,just wondering about the type of material it is,or may be, along with the bullseye point im holding.
 
WV Sifter...I'll be interested to find out what material that is (the orange-ish point). I'm just over the border in PA. I have quite a few that are similar.
 
You and me both Hutch,I have never found any points or even brokes made out of this type of dull and fairly "flat" colored chert,maybe a few chips here and there,but not on a regular basis,im thinking this was possibly a point brought in by a northern or eastern tribe,definatly not a local material :icon_scratch: the banded bullseye brewerton point I believe is some type of nodular flint/chert,the brownish orange kirk is 2and1/8 inches(just for a size scale).
 
I'm traveling for work for the next week...I'll try to remember to take some pics of similar. Since nobody is offering opinions, perhaps we can figure it out.
 
thanks man that would be great to see some points of similar material!,im thinkin possibly burlington chert as it does come in shades of brown but i cant be sure,thanks agian for your replys BTW nice buck ya got on your avatar ,i love buck season(hunting in general) ,last year i got a 4 pointer with my old 7.7mm jap rifle...just a side note :wink:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom