Ia.FurTrade

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2008
Southeast Iowa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out with my buddy to the "Silver Field"! It's about 50 acres & we've "vacuumed" it so hard that some days we don't find anything!!
We did find a little this afternoon....
I had just walked into the field & my second diggable signal was the silver "triangle" on the right. You can't see it in the picture, but it is "touchmarked" BA by the suspension hole. I will have to do some research to see who this Montreal silversmith was & when he was in business.
All I dug the rest of the afternoon was scraps of brass, musketballs (& more modern bullets) & the brass button.
Then, as I was walking out of the field, I dug the second triangle!
My buddy dug a scrap of cut trade silver, a silver triangle with the letters "AL" (partial "Montreal" stamp) on the back. He also dug a partial trade ring & two brass "tinklers".
Not a lot of stuff but a fun afternoon with a good buddy! :thumbsup:
HH! Dale

Attachments

• scan0005.jpg
    scan0005.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 702
  • scan0006.jpg
    scan0006.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 682
Upvote 0

Steve0

Feb 10, 2005
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI, Minelab excalibur
Sweet finds thanks for posting!!

OP
OP
Ia.FurTrade

Ia.FurTrade

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2008
Southeast Iowa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Steve! We don't have much mineralization here so we get good depth. I run my DFX pretty well "wide open" in "relic" mode. My buddy has a Troy "X5" & runs with no discrimination.
How do you like the TDI? I know they get better depth in highly mineralized soil, but wonder if they would be any better with my low mineralization?
HH! Dale

Steve0

Feb 10, 2005
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI, Minelab excalibur
HI Dale sounds like you have about the same minerlization we have here not really all that hot here either. Like like the TDI here and out east where it is really minealized was great for the civil war stuff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread