My latest mod

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I thought I would show everyone the latest mod I did for my dredge. I added a 6" extension between the flare and sluice then built a plate that slips in between the flare and riffles. On this plate I glued some vortex matting so now I can sample a spot, shut down, pull the plate and clean it in my gold pan. It's super fast.

IMG_20130909_191429.jpg

I took my cue from the keene a52 sluice. I really loved the v-rib mat upfront.
Up next is a wetsuit heater...it's getting cold!
Already put a car muffler on and now the only noise I hear is my t80 and rocks hitting the jet log.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
looks like that vortex matting is working good!i had thought that vortex matting didnt like fast water of a dredge, but it looks like it is working for you!

OP
OP
O

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Man vortex matting is awesome. I use it in my under flow section with 3/4" expanded and it captures and doesn't let go of the gold! The small section up top, 4" long does sit under 3/8" punch plate so that may be why it's working. I also tried deep v-rib and small ribbed and they both worked good with the small ribbed showing the gold without having to clean out but I do question it's holding power so that's why I chose vortex. What your seeing in the pic is sand or what not that has fallen on the matting. I'm going back up on Wednesday for 5 days and will try to take the time to take some pics and video.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread