My medical display!

Kevlardini

May 18, 2015
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-4
Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Garret Treasure Ace 300
I started of using a bounty hunter junior! :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Decided to put all these nice med bottles where they belonged! Had this awesome antique medical cabinet from a pharmacy, So I set up this little display, probably how It would have looked years ago. Got some nice ones with labels (obviously not dug) and some ponds and others (Dug).
I think it turned out pretty nice!
IMG_2489[1].JPGIMG_2490[1].JPGIMG_2491[1].JPG

Ugh Sorry. One of them is right side up. The other pics are messed up. Why? I don't know. Can you still see it ok?

Attachments

• IMG_2477[1].JPG
    IMG_2477[1].JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_2479[1].JPG
    IMG_2479[1].JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_2482[1].JPG
    IMG_2482[1].JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 107
I can see them all. Right side is up! Really nice job. I like to see how people display their finds. I've built a couple of shelves just for my bottles. I know somebody that had some shelves custom made and back-lit to bring out the best in the glass. Museum quality display...nice job.

I can see them all. Right side is up! Really nice job. I like to see how people display their finds. I've built a couple of shelves just for my bottles. I know somebody that had some shelves custom made and back-lit to bring out the best in the glass. Museum quality display...nice job.

AWW thanks so much! I Do hope to make some back-lit shelves to put next to it because, man do those bottles pile up! They need to be displayed with pride!

We found a few old bottles at our last place, but not much up here. ....Not much of nuttin' up here 'cept skunks and skeeters! :dontknow:

Beautiful display!!

We found a few old bottles at our last place, but not much up here. ....Not much of nuttin' up here 'cept skunks and skeeters! :dontknow:

Beautiful display!!

Thanks! Hey, You know if you look hard enough you'll be surprised. Just a few weeks ago I discovered another cellar hole not 10 minutes from my house! You just never know!

Nice display man. How did you score the cabinet?

Thanks! I found it at a yard sale, actually just over in Westford. A women was getting rid of a bunch of old pharmacy stuff. $5 for the cabinet!!!! WOW ONE HELL OF A DEAL! I should have bought all the old mortar and pestles too. They were nice old brass ones. But I didn't know much about them then.

Ah, would have LOVED to have gotten the M&P's!! Bet you're still kickin' yourself! :violent1:

Ah, would have LOVED to have gotten the M&P's!! Bet you're still kickin' yourself! :violent1:

Believe me, I am!:BangHead: What I've learned is that if it's old and cheap, you can't go wrong. If you don't end up liking it, SOMEONE will!

What was trash 100 years ago was collectible 75 years ago.
What was trash 75 years ago was collectible 50 years ago.
What was trash 50 years ago was collectible 25 years ago.
What was trash 25 years ago is collectible now, as is anything older than yesterday! :tongue3:

What was trash 100 years ago was collectible 75 years ago.
What was trash 75 years ago was collectible 50 years ago.
What was trash 50 years ago was collectible 25 years ago.
What was trash 25 years ago is collectible now, as is anything older than yesterday! :tongue3:

:laughing7: That would make a GREAT treasure hunter's T-Shirt! (Or a cool bumper sticker) Like I might buy one!

Great display idea! One tip for posting pics that I've learned is if you're using a smartphone you have to take the pics horizontally instead of vertically. Not too sure why it makes a difference but it helped me. Took me a lot of trial and error before I figured it out! Thanks for posting, now I'm gonna be looking for old medicine cabinets too!

Great display idea! One tip for posting pics that I've learned is if you're using a smartphone you have to take the pics horizontally instead of vertically. Not too sure why it makes a difference but it helped me. Took me a lot of trial and error before I figured it out! Thanks for posting, now I'm gonna be looking for old medicine cabinets too!

Thank you! Yeah that one picture I took that turned out right was a horizontal. Guess you learn something new everyday! But yeah, go find yourself a nice cabinet, and make sure to show us when you find one!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back