What's new

My Metal Detecting Dog

Jimmi

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2013
Messages
347
Reaction score
153
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I would detect in my yard, Buddy would follow digging his own holes. We just thought it was funny. Then I started to find metal stuff laying around the yard .... Then one day I watched Buddy sniffing and snorting the ground , then start to dig... And uncover a screw or something.. I thought it was a fluke... Then it happened again and again... Just now I watched him dig and if you look close enough , you'll see a metal wire hook thing
Edit* pics downloaded out of order
image-3213216983.webp

So then I made him pose with his " relics" lol

image-3382164977.webp

Buddy's finds, lol

Weird thing is we always laughed at his crappy sense of smell.. You toss a biscuit into the yard and he looks and looks for it, meanwhile .....

image-3660512197.webp

His blind elderly " brother " Rebel cooly walks over and picks it up with no effort.
 

Attachments

  • image-715943.webp
    image-715943.webp
    73.7 KB · Views: 184
hells bells girl, is that one a bayonet base?
 
A what? Isn't it all junk?
 
the one on the bottom slightly right looks like the remains of a bayonet
 

Attachments

  • image-4094770751.webp
    image-4094770751.webp
    26.7 KB · Views: 167
  • image-2892233008.webp
    image-2892233008.webp
    35.9 KB · Views: 164
What's a bayonet? Bottom of a lightbulb?
 
~rolls eyes~
 
This thing? I thought it was a knob . It's really a heavy solid chunk though

that IS a knob. its the thing round, hollow to put on barrel and with the angled pointy end
 
image-3876831452.webp

Just a spring
 
you don't know how dumb I think you are, so how can you be sure?

ok nevermind, maybe I'm seeing things
 
google a rifle bayonet
 
This is a bayonet
 

Attachments

  • image-1378018648.webp
    image-1378018648.webp
    1.6 KB · Views: 367
Yours does look like a bayonet my hound only finds dead stinky things to roll in
 
when it comes to the garrett ace 350 i believe your dog might be able to out hunt you now you need to find some silver and gold to get his sniffer in line
 
when it comes to the garrett ace 350 i believe your dog might be able to out hunt you now you need to find some silver and gold to get his sniffer in line

Try an ace 250 .. Lol.. It's good at saying " hey ! There is something here! " but as far as whAt it is.... Unless it's a coin signal .. I don't trust it or small iron do dads
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom