My Metal Detecting Dog

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Jimmi,

I just saw your junk yard dog :laughing7:, he does seem like a nice pooch. Do you ever think back, and say man, :BangHead: I should have gotten a Golden Retriever!

Homar

labradigger1

Sep 8, 2012
tucker co wv
Detector(s) used
whites dfx, mxt pro, tdi, bullseye II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
cool doggies, my lab digs the holes with me while metal detecting. that is how i came up with my username, labradigger1, i used to take him trout fishing with me until he started beating me. he would splash out into the stream and catch a trout, wag his tail all the way to shore and then eat it. life is definetly better with a dog, BTW, dogs are a mans best friend, not a girls. ha ha, lol

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My beagle only knows how to scare fish but I still love him (he rocks)

Attachments

• image-2089025180.jpg
    image-2089025180.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 81
OP
OP
Jimmi

Jimmi

Apr 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Jimmi,

I just saw your junk yard dog :laughing7:, he does seem like a nice pooch. Do you ever think back, and say man, :BangHead: I should have gotten a Golden Retriever!

Homar

Nah, shelter rejects are more my kinda dog;)

OP
OP
Jimmi

Jimmi

Apr 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool doggies, my lab digs the holes with me while metal detecting. that is how i came up with my username, labradigger1, i used to take him trout fishing with me until he started beating me. he would splash out into the stream and catch a trout, wag his tail all the way to shore and then eat it. life is definetly better with a dog, BTW, dogs are a mans best friend, not a girls. ha ha, lol

Every animal is my best friend:), never meant one I couldn't fall in love with... As I sit here typing this and sharing cheesecake with my hamster ! Lmao

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nah, shelter rejects are more my kinda dog;)

Just making fun of the fact that he keeps finding junk metal in the yard, and not gold. It'd be nice to switch him to discriminate. :icon_scratch:

I too have bailed some out of death row, it's a great feeling. You too have a heart of gold. Kudos!

Homar

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
The dog catching bureaus in Md won't put a bulldog up for adoption. They kill them, except for the ones that are saved bu Bulldog Rescue .
So far, my son and I have adopted 4, two English Bulldogs, an American Bulldog and Red Nose Pit Bull. They are extremely alert, strong and bond well. Blue, My Pit Bull, travels with me. He makes a great bodyguard.

Blue 1212.jpg Blue

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I would detect in my yard, Buddy would follow digging his own holes. We just thought it was funny. Then I started to find metal stuff laying around the yard .... Then one day I watched Buddy sniffing and snorting the ground , then start to dig... And uncover a screw or something.. I thought it was a fluke... Then it happened again and again... Just now I watched him dig and if you look close enough , you'll see a metal wire hook thing
Edit* pics downloaded out of order
View attachment 790228

So then I made him pose with his " relics" lol

View attachment 790230

Buddy's finds, lol

Weird thing is we always laughed at his crappy sense of smell.. You toss a biscuit into the yard and he looks and looks for it, meanwhile .....

View attachment 790237

His blind elderly " brother " Rebel cooly walks over and picks it up with no effort.

Beautiful dogs! It looks as if Buddy has a coil for his nostrils!!! :laughing3:

OP
OP
Jimmi

Jimmi

Apr 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just making fun of the fact that he keeps finding junk metal in the yard, and not gold. It'd be nice to switch him to discriminate. :icon_scratch:

I too have bailed some out of death row, it's a great feeling. You too have a heart of gold. Kudos!

Homar

Lol. I also need to turn down his neurotic dial.:) if I go outside without him he poops himself, literally. Yes it's wonderful knowing you saved their lives. And they all have so much to offer, it's do sad

worthy

Dec 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro , whites pi , garrett ace 250, c-scope ib
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
DSCF2902.JPG This is our dog Lulu, she digs plenty of holes. Unfortunately they are always random and in our grass :BangHead: LOL! We adopted her from a local shelter as a very young puppy. My previous dog Daisy I adopted on her last day before they put them down.I got her in Devour California. She was the best dog ever!
DSCF2841.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jimmi

Jimmi

Apr 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diselram94, glad to hear it, does a heart good. Lulu is a spry lil thing isn't she?! She looks like she bounces around on springs :)

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Diselram94, glad to hear it, does a heart good. Lulu is a spry lil thing isn't she?! She looks like she bounces around on springs :)

Lulu pretty much bounces on springs:D She is super good hearted though and just lives for hugs. She is also the first dog I have had that "smiles", she also smiles on command.

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
What a beauty!

Thanks! I will tell him. We leave for the cache hunt Tuesday,14th. The only thing I worry about are the rattlers in the mountains. He has never seen one. I have snake proof boots. If we get permission to hunt the cache, I will just take him when I conduct a primary cruise of the 10 acres. He will let me know if he hears one, I can't hear their rattles. When I detect, I will have to leave him in the MH if there are snakes there. Frank...

Blue 1212.jpg Hay, I can sniff out the black snakes easily! Blue.

OP
OP
Jimmi

Jimmi

Apr 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can really smell them? You mean black rat snakes? Maybe my sniffer sucks , I handled one and couldn't smell nothing. I hope their arnt any rattlers around, I'd be a bit spooked .
OMG, lmfao!! I'm in a store parking lot and could feel myself being stated at just now . I finally turned my head real fast , to be like wth are you looking at lady?! And this is the lady next to me! OMG , so freaking funny. Had to roll down my window to talk to her of course.

image-1531608760.jpg

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Did you compliment her on the necklace she is wearing? :laughing7:

OP
OP
Jimmi

Jimmi

Apr 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you compliment her on the necklace she is wearing? :laughing7:

Only after I complimented her beautiful smile.. :) . OMG that was so priceless . I was getting so mad feeling her staring at me , I thought it was a blonde haired woman . I busted out laughing

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions