against the wind
Platinum Member
- Joined
- Jul 27, 2015
- Messages
- 24,896
- Reaction score
- 24,983
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
- Detector(s) used
- E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
I took a ride up to an area I have nicknamed "Chestnut Grove" It has given up a good amount of silver this year. The Grove itself gave up 3 silver on Sunday but got real stingy on Monday. I decided to hit it again but after about 2 hours and no silver,, I moved towards some woods a little further north. I'm always looking for a spot where young lovers go to find a little privacy. What I found instead was a little out of the norm.
VooDoo!!! A goats head in a box. In the past, I have found sacrificed roosters on makeshift alters, and last year I came across a cow skull. This is the first goat head.
I moved away from that area while thinking to myself, "Where are the Park Police while these rituals are taking place? Oh yeah I almost forgot,, they are chasing the guys with the Metal Detectors. lol
Well I wasn't going to let a little VooDoo upset me. I continued my hunt but all I was finding was clad. It was getting late and I probably only had about a half hour of daylight left. I returned to "Chestnut Grove" confident that my E-Trac and some good MoJo could break any VooDoo Spell.
Sure enough,, I scanned the base of a tree and got a screamer. Dug right past the target. I found a silver Roosevelt with my pin pointer in the side of the hole about 2 inches deep. Oh Yeah!!! The hex has been broken. I checked the rest of the base of the tree and wham,,, another screamer. This time a Mercury Dime, also at about 2 inches deep. Yep,, My MoJo is stronger than your VooDoo.
My finds for the day were: 19q, 17d, 2n, 39 memorials, 11 wheat Pennies, ( 41, 42(2), 44, 46(2), 48, 50, 50d, 52d, & 56), a 1941 Mercury Dime, a 1951 Roosevelt Dime, and a 1980 Canadian Penny. I also recovered parts from 3 different toy guns, a 1968 Dodge Dart, a pin from the Massachusetts Fire Dept., and some brass and copper scrap.
My Silver Coin Count for 2015 is now 147 Coins.







VooDoo!!! A goats head in a box. In the past, I have found sacrificed roosters on makeshift alters, and last year I came across a cow skull. This is the first goat head.
I moved away from that area while thinking to myself, "Where are the Park Police while these rituals are taking place? Oh yeah I almost forgot,, they are chasing the guys with the Metal Detectors. lol
Well I wasn't going to let a little VooDoo upset me. I continued my hunt but all I was finding was clad. It was getting late and I probably only had about a half hour of daylight left. I returned to "Chestnut Grove" confident that my E-Trac and some good MoJo could break any VooDoo Spell.
Sure enough,, I scanned the base of a tree and got a screamer. Dug right past the target. I found a silver Roosevelt with my pin pointer in the side of the hole about 2 inches deep. Oh Yeah!!! The hex has been broken. I checked the rest of the base of the tree and wham,,, another screamer. This time a Mercury Dime, also at about 2 inches deep. Yep,, My MoJo is stronger than your VooDoo.
My finds for the day were: 19q, 17d, 2n, 39 memorials, 11 wheat Pennies, ( 41, 42(2), 44, 46(2), 48, 50, 50d, 52d, & 56), a 1941 Mercury Dime, a 1951 Roosevelt Dime, and a 1980 Canadian Penny. I also recovered parts from 3 different toy guns, a 1968 Dodge Dart, a pin from the Massachusetts Fire Dept., and some brass and copper scrap.
My Silver Coin Count for 2015 is now 147 Coins.







Upvote
24
Nice to see that a little stinking goat head didn't keep you from scoring those silvers and the rest of the clad haul.
Nice silver counts there, our area has had most of the Silver Hoovered out by the "Old Pros" back in the late 70s to 80s if i get ten in a year I'm doing good.






