My monthly finds

inneedoftherapy

Feb 29, 2008
Between the cornrows, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Been digging so much lately this place is loaded. this is a small bit of what I have found as of late. Not included is the several 5 gal buckets of iron and junk that have came from the farm. Still need to go through all of that and figure what is what.

a little clad was found actually found 36 coins in 1 hole (more like a crater I sat at that spot for a good hour pulling coin after coin till not a peep was made when I ran the detector over) lots of buckles a few pieces of silver (will add them later as well got a really nice mercury boy is that pretty. a 1863 civil war token and some early wheats along with 2 IH the 1900 one came from the ground looking like this all that was needed to clean was some good old fashion spit. Bf knows when I find something of interest because spit spit spit and he just shakes his head. Several keys were found around the place as well this came from a small section of the property have not really ventured too far from the main house. I will be going through the iron and such soon and will post some pics of the pieces I like later.

080605063902.jpg

080605063916.jpg

and the 2 IH a 1900 and a 1907

080605063930.jpg

Upvote 0
everytime i find one of those mason lids I break them some how.

I have broke several of them shattered to pieces one really pissed me off it was really irredescant looking.

And here is an ariel of my site this is the house that stands now minus a few of the buildings have found the foundation of the house that stood here prior far back I could go in plat maps was 1876 have been finding some hardware from the place and a lot of handmade nails. every hole I dig has 1-25 nails in them it gets a little frustrating sifting through it all to get to the goodies. The area I have hunted so far is the side by the garden and part of the front yard

editedpicarial.jpg

Here is small part of what I have to still sort through.

070106054922.jpg

wow, that is a great site and alot of digging. nice finds. what does that ring look like up close?

cntrydncr1 said:
wow, that is a great site and alot of digging. nice finds. what does that ring look like up close?

Its pretty messed up (mangled) it was found under the clothes line it was gold plated you can see in certain spots but the base metal has took its toll on the exposed parts. The face is an oval and has a script K engraved into it.

Looks like you had fun! When checking over a farm be sure to check out the garden, under the bedroom window, the hen house area, and put your detector close to each fence post. I have a good feeling about that farm and think that you will find a jar full of gold coins! I dumped my pile of rust a long time ago. Hope you find gold there soon!

I hope to find some gold from the style of hardware I have been finding and some china chards and silverware seems they had some money now to find out where they hid it. Been researching my place for awhile on the corner is the site of one of the old schoolhouse back in the days been trying to find out who farms it must not be anyone local as the farmer who does the land around us has no clue. I have several other sites lined up from the farmer who plants the land around me just have to wait till fall when the crops come in. The township I am in had some money judging from some of the houses I have seen pictured in the old plat maps. Havent ventured to the site of the old buildings yet. Have to wait till fall for the chicken coop area as it has been planted and dont really want to piss off the farmer who knows everyone he is always coming by to see what I find he is great for identifying alot of the older scrap I have been finding. Also have several other houses lined up from back in the 1800's that he can get me into. Should be a fun filled summer and fall and darn these Illinois winters I will be stuck jonesing for some digging time.

Wow bet your back hurts.lol
That's an awesome looking place. Hope you do find that jar of Gold. Ill let ya send me one coin ha-ha!!
Tn Joe

And I thought I dug everything....Man Oh Man...that's a whole lot of diggin' it will pay off even more real soon I think...Nice digs so far. Nice pic of the place as well.....jgas

Great finds..... if the nails are square, there is a market for them---SAVE THEM. Keep up the good work...GOLD IS THERE, you just need to believe...HH Gayle

Congrats on all those nice finds. :thumbsup:
You have a great hunting spot for sure :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back