Gridwalker306
Gold Member
I posted my large cent earlier, and I forgot the rest of the story...
As I was walking back to my house, I heard some grunting and bleeping--what!? That sounds like someone else is detecting! It was coming from my neighbour, right across the street. I went to check it out, and the kids were playing with a metal detector. The dad tells me he found it at the dump in a town 10 minutes from us, he works for the local sanitation dept.
It's a Teknetics Delta 4000, in mint shape, even came with headphones. Kellyco has them listed at $280. I wonder if someone got frustrated and chucked it. Maybe someone's significant other got frustrated and threw it out haha! At any rate I thought it was cool that he grabbed it.
As I was walking back to my house, I heard some grunting and bleeping--what!? That sounds like someone else is detecting! It was coming from my neighbour, right across the street. I went to check it out, and the kids were playing with a metal detector. The dad tells me he found it at the dump in a town 10 minutes from us, he works for the local sanitation dept.
It's a Teknetics Delta 4000, in mint shape, even came with headphones. Kellyco has them listed at $280. I wonder if someone got frustrated and chucked it. Maybe someone's significant other got frustrated and threw it out haha! At any rate I thought it was cool that he grabbed it.
Upvote
12
I went to a yard sale a while back. Late in the day so I was a stragler. After going through the sale and not finding much I start asking questions about whats in the garage whats in the shed. (It's an estate sale) Long story short I end up with permission to go through the trash. 3x 35 gallon trash cans and 2 rugs rolled up by it. I took both rugs, from the 1930's they sold for over $500 each. I found 48 star flags and brand new in boxes hand made quilts 4x 300 = 1200 cash!
His kids will have a lot of fun & maybe Dad will get involved too. Andi







