garyo1954

Jan 4, 2013
Elkhart, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't care what brand it is as long as it finds Barbie dolls, beer and Jordans, as in the shoe! Yes, I thought about these things while playing in the mud this morning.

One original Barbie would be a cool $7500.
A six pack of Sam Adams Utopias would bring $600. (It would be a sin not to drink one first to ensure the quality.)
A pair of original Jordans could go $11,000. Maybe sell one shoe at a time and make more money?

Can't wait til somebody makes one.

Did go to ballpark about a mile down the road early this morning. Muddy. Standing water. Figured brave it, long as I could stand it. But I'm not a duck. And this was the first time I've been out since kidney failure in April 2013. Took the F2 with the sniper coil.

Lot of targets behind the dugout, rang a lot of 61 (pennies, sometimes 68 even a 71) and the dime (71).
One 1944 wheatie.

Moved to the stands, hit an 83 (quarter) and several other 85+ targets, which after smushing and squeezing ichy squishy mud between gloved fingers, I still couldn't find.
Lying pinpointer said it was in the plug. Nickels were all in the 27-34 range. Surprisingly, I got one hit at the concession stand but didn't bother (43).

DSCN0052.JPG

The peso rang up at 68. Not everybody has a Dominican Peso with Padre de La Patria, so I'll take it.
The only SILVER is that little iddy biddy dime sized 25 centavos from El Salvadore. Rang in at 74.

DSCN0047.JPG

Ashamed to admit, I left a lot of targets in the ground. But now I have a good idea of where to start my search next time. And I'm thinking the 8" coil might be a better option to cover more ground.

And one day these will all be Barbie dolls, beer, and Jordans and I'll be rich!

G

Last edited:
Upvote 4

jeweler21

Mar 8, 2013
San Angelo, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Garrett AT pro, Teknetics T2, Garrett GTAX 500, A.H. Electronics Super Pro 5, Fisher VLF 555 D/B, Garrett AT Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On a recent hunt, I saw a pair of Nike's left in a mud puddle. I retrieved them and couldn't see any damage. I took them home washed them off and threw them in the washer. When they came out of the dryer, they appeared to be brand new. Dart 10 running shoes and just my size. $48.00 on line.
On the lighter side. A friend I was hunting with a while back, told me of a hunt that he and two more fellows were on. He was separated from them a few hundred yards and in the leaves blown up along a fence line he spotted a dollar bill. When they got back together he was showing them his finds. One the men said, "How the hell did you find a dollar bill with the metal detector?" He replied, "Oh, it's a silver certificate!"

OP
OP
garyo1954

garyo1954

Jan 4, 2013
Elkhart, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL! I'd stay all day if we could find silver certificates!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread