What's new

My oldest coin by a long shot !!! 1864

Eastcoasthunter21

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2015
Messages
1,154
Reaction score
2,556
Golden Thread
2
Location
New York/Florida
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
DEUS ALL THE WAY
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone had one hour after chores today stopped at a local park
Heavily hunted I was told I did an area of 100 x 100 ft 6 wheats one 1945 mercury dime and my
Oldest coin by a decades !! 1864 indian head a beauty to me readable some detail I know it is a good coin but I'm not sure which it is they made 3 different coins that year. One is very hard to find I read online ! Also one more ring that's 3 so far plus another 3.00 in clad. Thanks for looking HH and GL. image.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webp
 
Upvote 20
Great job on your new oldest coin. Always feels great. Next thing you know you'll have a 1700s coin. Dig enough holes in the right places it will happen
 
Nice haul!

It looks like some kind of decoder ring. Maybe there is more treasure and adventure in your future.
 
Looks like some nice keepers. :thumbsup:

Were they very deep?
 
The i h was 4 inches same with the others 4-8
 
Thats a great old IHP!!! Nice dig!!!!!
 
congrats on your first indian head!, very cool, I remember getting my first, I was with my older son at a boat launch, it was at the base of a tree at about 6" down and it was an 1870, I love Indians!!

very cool hunt! congrats again
 
Congratulations! I found my oldest coin(1868 shield nickel) at a heavily pounded park last week, just goes to show there is always at least one little spot that has been missed.
 
Very cool finds, I would love to see some more pix!
 
Very nice finds. Congrats. I want to know what the ring says on it... looks to me (half blind) like it has letters on it. GL&HH!
 
Thank you for sharing your story and those pictures with us . Always nice to get a oldest coin
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom