Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HE got sooooo tired of all my whining, he just booted me outside and tossed me AT. HE said don't come back for four hours!:tongue3:

As we all know, this is a very serious time. Most are locked to their home and not supposed to go anywhere unless necessary. I am under such an order too. But, ours is such that we are allowed to go out to exercise, walk the dog, etc. As long as we stay separated. We really *are* in this together. We each need to do whatever we can do to help our fellow "man". I stayed inside my house for a full MONTH! It looks like that's not going to be good enough. I started thinking, how can *I* be of any help to *ANYONE*! What the heck can a lonely, lowly WIF do that might be of any help to anyone!?!? :icon_scratch:

I truly was afraid to even open my door! Had to do *something* or I wouldn't need no virus to "go home"!

What do I do best? Depending on whom one asks, I tend to have a knack for entertaining. Some, on here, have said so in messages. They *actually* follow my posts!! (Talk about having no life!!)

Well...ok...so how do I do this? How can I find anything to post!?!? Then I happened to look out my window. There is a cornfield right across from me! I knew that...even walked it extensively! (Never finding much). So, I forgot about it!

I sent my neighbor an email to remind him who I was and asked. He said for me to feel free, just stay a couple hundred yards away from his house. LOL

Too late to make this a short story. So here's what I'll try to do. I'll go for a walk from time to time and just dig every signal. That means the content may be sorely lacking. But, at least I'll be doing something I love and maybe give everyone something to read.

Here's the results of my first walk:

0404201901~2.jpg

See? Mostly iron.

0404201855~2.jpg

Bird point? Or just a rock?
Drawer pull? Or trigger guide?

0404201844a~2.jpg
0404201845~2.jpg
Strange, solid piece of lead. :dontknow:

0404201854a~2.jpg 0404201854d~2.jpg

Most interesting piece today. Some sort of button with an iron backing.

Something old or modern jacket button? :icon_scratch:

0404201854c~2.jpg

There is some sort of design there. :dontknow:

Well, that's it for this walk.

Everyone stay as safe as you can. I'll attempt to entertain as possible.

There is a finish line out there. Just keep on keeping on!

God bless!

And......
Thanks for peeking! :tongue3:

Upvote 20

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Good thing I don't follow your posts....:laughing7:

Congrats on the outing.
There's enough evidence of mankind having been on that field site to keep at it and close to home to boot.
And thanks for the entertainment by sharing.

Even though you've hunted it before.
Who knows what await?

I was told of a wedding ring lost when brushing dirt off hands in an ag. field when off the tractor.
And what bounced out of pockets over the years there?

I've found an oil fill or radiator cap off a tractor in a friends multi generational field when arrowhead peeking , and when I showed it to him he snatched it up like a gold coin!

I hunted that farm with a detector (well some of it) and reported back to my friend , and asked him why he didn't tell me his family was too poor to drop any old coins...l.o.l..

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad you got out, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys!
I cleaned up the button. It seems to be initials? Anyone recognize?

0405201845a~2.jpg

Interesting but....modern or old?

Stay safe!

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's my uncle's button.
Wally T. Cootenbacher. :laughing7:
(Or is it TWG or .... ?)

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Your Getting Back Out Wadi !

I Have a Nice big View out the window here While on the Computer.
The Street out my widow

DSCF0001.JPG

DSCF0006.JPG

is pretty much Obscured by Trees & Houses, But where I Can see the street,
Kids are Playing , Adults are Walking, Cars are Moving.

I was seriously Thinking I May start taking Walks & Trying to Build My Lungs & Legs up This week.

maybe do what I dread, Suiting up & Walking 3 Blocks to the Park with a ton of detector goods.
But Who Knows :dontknow: Maybe

000tva.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Your Getting Back Out Wadi !

I Have a Nice big View out the window here While on the Computer.
The Street out my widow

DSCF0001.JPG

View attachment 1819048

is pretty much Obscured by Trees & Houses, But where I Can see the street,
Kids are Playing , Adults are Walking, Cars are Moving.

I was seriously Thinking I May start taking Walks & Trying to Build My Lungs & Legs up This week.

maybe do what I dread, Suiting up & Walking 3 Blocks to the Park with a ton of detector goods.
But Who Knows :dontknow: Maybe

View attachment 1819049

That actually looks pretty nice, Jeff!

I know what you mean about "suiting up" anymore. Sometimes, it feels like I'm suiting up to play football! :dontknow:

You could try what I used to do when I just wanted to go for an hour, to somewhere local. I just went in some old clothes and *only* packed my detector, knife, & pin pointer.

Then, I'd detect for 30 mins out and turn around and do 30 mins back home.

A lot lighter and I'd get my exercise. :dontknow:

Hope you're able to go for walks soon!
Be safe Jeff!

Last edited by a moderator:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That actually looks pretty nice, Jeff!

I know what you mean about "suiting up" anymore. Sometimes, it feels like I'm suiting up to play football! :dontknow:

You could try what I used to do when I just wanted to go for an hour, to somewhere local. I just went in some old clothes and *only* packed my detector, knife, & pin pointer.

Then, I'd detect for 30 mins out and turn around and do 30 mins back home.

A lot lighter and I'd get my exercise. :dontknow:

Hope you're able to go for walks soon!
Be safe Jeff!

Yea For me it's Put on an Old pair of Boots, Knee Pads, Old Clothes Finds Bag, Detecting Buddy Shoulder Strap, Digger, & Detector & Camera.

Be walking up the Street Like I'm Headed to the Amazon Jungle.

And My luck, Something Will Go Wrong,
First 60 Seconds Break Something, Defective Battery, Repair Case , Extra Parts ,etc Back at the Apartment.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea For me it's Put on an Old pair of Boots, Knee Pads, Old Clothes Finds Bag, Detecting Buddy Shoulder Strap, Digger, & Detector & Camera.

Be walking up the Street Like I'm Headed to the Amazon Jungle.

And My luck, Something Will Go Wrong,
First 60 Seconds Break Something, Defective Battery, Repair Case , Extra Parts ,etc Back at the Apartment.

Yeah...but you see, all you *need* is the detector,pin pointer, and digger. We all have bought into needing all this extra clap trap. Pouch? Trash bag? Spread cloth? Extra this and that?

Only take what you absolutely *have* to, and just use your pants pocket! We'll get back to "normal" someday and then you can carry all that stuff!

Just take your detector for a walk! Stay minimal!

Mine has this problem. If I don't take it for a walk now and then, it starts leaving little piles of pull tabs all over the house! :tongue3:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhh... I see now!! Sorry, I can be a little “thick” lol and of course you know my knack (or lack thereof) regarding modern technology, including red text that screams “link”. Looks like you had some great walks. I would think by the amount of old iron, including the square nails, there could/should be better things hiding! I dug my share of iron yesterday, sometimes it does sound really good, and we chase those signals HOPING that there’s something round and shiny on edge. Keep digging my friend, eventually the law of averages will weigh in your favor.
Ddf Scotty.

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhh... I see now!! Sorry, I can be a little “thick” lol and of course you know my knack (or lack thereof) regarding modern technology, including red text that screams “link”. Looks like you had some great walks. I would think by the amount of old iron, including the square nails, there could/should be better things hiding! I dug my share of iron yesterday, sometimes it does sound really good, and we chase those signals HOPING that there’s something round and shiny on edge. Keep digging my friend, eventually the law of averages will weigh in your favor.
Ddf Scotty.

This was my first walk in almost 2 months! I just *HAD* to do *something*!!

Might be all iron, (save one interesting button). But, I did it! I got outside!!! Nobody within a mile of me. If this wasn't safe enough...then...the world has a **MUCH** bigger problem than they know!

Funny thing about this post though. Somehow I thought at least one person would mention how safe Fishy was being!! :tongue3:

Thanks!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was my first walk in almost 2 months! I just *HAD* to do *something*!!

Might be all iron, (save one interesting button). But, I did it! I got outside!!! Nobody within a mile of me. If this wasn't safe enough...then...the world has a **MUCH** bigger problem than they know!

Funny thing about this post though. Somehow I thought at least one person would mention how safe Fishy was being!! :tongue3:

Thanks!

I Finally took What I Considered an 8 Block Hike up to the SubWay / gas Station today for Cakes & a sub.
000round.jpg
Just sitting around here made me hungry for tasty kake so I called up.
To see if they were allowing people in. when I got there decided to grab a sub too.
Barly made it both ways, sore throat and cough from breathing heavy. with Very Deep Breaths.

I think it dried my throat. Better now of Course.

Lotta people out walking and driving. Only mask WAS ON THE WOMAN MAKING THE SUBS.

64 Degrees Gas up there $1.999

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Finally took What I Considered an 8 Block Hike up to the SubWay / gas Station today for Cakes & a sub.
View attachment 1819528
[FONT=&]Just sitting around here made me hungry for tasty kake so I called up.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]To see if they were allowing people in. when I got there decided to grab a sub too.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]Barly made it both ways, sore throat and cough from breathing heavy. with Very Deep Breaths.[/FONT]

[FONT=&]I think it dried my throat. Better now of Course.[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Lotta people out walking and driving. Only mask WAS ON THE WOMAN MAKING THE SUBS.

64 Degrees Gas up there $1.999

[/FONT]
At least you got a small feel for the area.
Be careful out there Jeff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread