My Patriotic Eagle

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Greetings, Here is my latest project. It is made from a 1X12 cedar board and is mounted on the siding over our
front porch. I have been wanting to post this for a while, but was having troubles with the computer. Now, thanks
to a very special friend, I now have a new laptop and am getting it all set up to do the things I like to do. I am
kinda dumb when it comes to computers but am getting acquainted with the differences from the other one and
it is going pretty smooth now. LOL. Karen is a big help as she was using it for a couple years before I started. I
never had any interest in a computer before I heard about this Tnet forum. This got me going and I've learned
a lot since. LOL.

But, anyway, to get back to the eagle, I made the wing span 60" long, then put the body on and then the legs
on that to give it a 3D effect. It really shows up against the white wall.

Ray

Attachments

• misc pictures 027.JPG
    misc pictures 027.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 495
  • misc pictures 027.JPG
    misc pictures 027.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 504

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's kinda cool, Ray. And kudos to your special friend.

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Thank you, Tee, RGINN, and Naturegirl, for all your nice replies. I appreciate them.

Ray

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
hello packerbacker, no, the feathers are not individual. Instead, I cut straight in along the lower edge of each one, then
grouved the one just below and it looks like each feather overlaps the one below (like shingles overlaping on a house)
and it makes it look more real than just leaving them all flush.

Thank you for your good question.

Ray

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Hello Michaelangelo, It is from a pattern I have from a wood working catalog. I did the cutting and grouving with
a knife to make it a little more realistic. I always like to add a few of my own touches on whatever I make. It makes
it even more fun to make. Thank you

Ray

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
In that case then, I'd like to encourage you to do more of your own touches. Excellent craftsmanship :icon_thumleft:, just do more of your own thing on the next project. That's what makes it yours :wink:

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Thank you, Naturegirl, will do.
Here's a cup of hot chocolate, (or coffee, if you prefer) for your kind thoughts :coffee2:

Ray

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Thanks Mike.

Ray S, about 8 - 10 hours. I take my time so it comes out just the way I want it.

Thanks for your replies.

Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread