MY PENNY JAR BROKE !!

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
That stinks. That looked like a nice old bottle. I'm sorry that it broke. I don't know what I would feel worse about. The pennies all over the floor or that a nice old bottle was broke. Anyways, if you get a 5 gallon water bottle, don't fill it up all the way. They are impossible to move when filled. The small pretzel jar is a good idea too. The pretzel jar is a "twofer", you get to eat the pretzels and you get a bank - two great things for the price of one. Hope it helps.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife just brought home a plastic jar she purchased in the store that has a screw top with a slot in it. I know that your think - it is a bank you idiot. Yes, it is a bank but it has a digital counter on top that keeps track of how much money is in it. So you always know the face value of the coins inside. I tried a penny, nickel, dime, quarter and dollar coin and it registered them all correctly. I thought it was pretty cool.

Good luck in finding a replacement bottle.

NJ

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
if your going glass --one gallon pickle jars are nice and can be moved when full---you can use the 5 gallon plastic water jugs but don't fill them full cuz their much too darn heavy to move then.---good luck --- Ivan

S

stefen

I use an antique 5 gallon water bottle and its now 1/2 full of rolled coins only...loose coins are in a canning bottle and are rolled whenever I have nothing better to do.

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
I like to use one gallon plastic milk jugs, and separate by denomination, then roll as they get fairly full...
baggins

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions