my second gold coin

Raoul

May 5, 2004
Perth West Australia
After 20 years of detecting i finally found my second gold coin,a 1882 English half Sovereign.
I had finished detecting for the morning finding 1 1936 penny 1 1946 shilling and an old Brass Military button.
As i was making my way to the car i was still swinging the detector when it registed 28 on the meter, that told me it was either a pulltab or a gold object,sure enough 3 inches down was the Sovereign.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 2,060
Upvote 0

dudes2112

Jan 25, 2005
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Woah, slow down! What's with this TWO gold coins thing. How about lettin everyone else get one before going back for seconds!! :) That's an excellent looking coin. Nice work!

Dudes

OP
OP
Raoul

Raoul

May 5, 2004
Perth West Australia
Decided to get serious and find out what that symbol is that is cut out of the full Sovereign.
Its the letter H in Hewbrew. I just found out what the coin would have been worth if it was still in one piece, Havn't got the heart to say it again or i will burst out crying,if you want to have a look here is the link. look for 1926 Sydney mint i would say it would have been between fine and very fine condition if it was still intact http://www.australianstamp.com/Coin-web/aust/sovereig/sovgeov1.htm

Oh and for you guys that havn't found one, keep at it and you will find one when you least expect it
Happy hunting Raoul

M

mstary1

G'day Raoul from Blue mountains, NSW
You bugger!!, that's a great find mate.
I'm in the navy, currently on deployment around OZ. hitting Gleneg SA tomorrow and Hobart on Friday with an ace250
hope to have your sort of luck!!!

Mark

OP
OP
Raoul

Raoul

May 5, 2004
Perth West Australia
Mark have a great time in Tassie, it was my home state. I left there before i got into metal detecting, there is a lot of history there and you do not have to travel far to find it. Good luck. Raoul

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread