My second Indian, a Buffalo & and early wheat

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
My second Indian, a Buffalo & and early wheat

Hi everyone! Watercolor and I hit the woods again today - got to take advantage of our waning :( hunting season up in the Chicago area while we can.

The first coin I found was a 1911 Wheat, not in too bad shape. :) That would have made the hunt worthwhile. Then, we switched over to the general area where I had found the V-nickel on an earlier hunt, and hunted for quite a while before I got a deep but solid signal. At 7 1/2 inches, I pulled out a penny. I had found pennies that deep in this area and they were wheats. I field cleaned it to get the date, and to my delight, it was a 1907 Indian! ;D I had only found one before, and it was so rotten & corroded that the Indian was gone. This was a nice treat! ;D

Since we were in a trash-reduced area, I was investigating the nickel signals, especially the deep ones. About 20 feet away, I got a nickel signal, but it wasn't real deep. I've dug older pulltabs here at the depth this was indicating. At only two inches, out popped a 1916 S Buffalo nickel. That was a surprise! Other finds were part of an old knife, an old bottle stopper, a hardware ring, a clad quarter, and a cheap belt buckle. I also stumbled on a group of does. If you like deer, there's a pic in the "My Daily Snapshot" forum. Thanks for checking out my finds!
Neil

Attachments

• Hole.jpg
    Hole.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 422
  • heads small.jpg
    heads small.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 424
  • Tails Small.jpg
    Tails Small.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 424
  • Finds.jpg
    Finds.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 422
Upvote 0
Re: My second Indian, a Buffalo & and early wheat

Way to go "KD". Nice finds and you had a great day. Congrats on the second
indian. (blklab) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Another awesome hunt bud!!! :thumbsup:

Is that a Cen-tech pinpointer from Harbor Freight??? I have been thinking of getting one but I wasnt sure how well they worked...they look like they are pretty decent ...how much sensitivity do they have....I have a buddy of mine that is interested in one too...we both want to know about the sensitivity...he is a newbie and I am trying to help him get started off in the right path...thanks

Good hunt & Great picture! :thumbsup:

Wow, great hunt. Great digs.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Attachments

• remvet.jpg
    remvet.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 354
  • remvet.jpg
    remvet.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 358

Nice going, Neil, on your hunt in the Woods!!

I'd be real happy with a '16 S buffalo, since I don't find that many to begin with.

Congrats,
CAPTN SE
Dan

All sweet stuff kimsdad. I've a 1910 wheat, but no IH or Buff, yet. So good for you, Congrats!

Sincerely, Good luck,
HH.

Nice finds. The buffalo nickel is in great shape. Congrats on the IH penny.
Dman

SWEET finds buddy. I LOVE that injun. It's a "two-toner" and I don't find hardly any that have some brown..AND green color. Those are cool. :thumbsup:

That is a nice handful of great finds right there.. Nice job! jgas

blklab said:
Way to go "KD". Nice finds and you had a great day. Congrats on the second
indian. (blklab) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks Blklab!

TreasureFiend said:
Another awesome hunt bud!!! :thumbsup:
Thanks Fiend! I'm glad you're out of the hospital & OK!! ;D

Pudsbrat said:
Is that a Cen-tech pinpointer from Harbor Freight??? I have been thinking of getting one but I wasnt sure how well they worked...they look like they are pretty decent ...how much sensitivity do they have....I have a buddy of mine that is interested in one too...we both want to know about the sensitivity...he is a newbie and I am trying to help him get started off in the right path...thanks
Even with the in-line pinpointer, I find it invaluable. I PM'ed you with more info.

extractor said:
Good hunt & Great picture! :thumbsup:
I appreciate it, Extractor! What a cool username - Just as cool as your avatar!

49er said:
Wow, great hunt. Great digs.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks 49er!

Captn_SE said:
Nice going, Neil, on your hunt in the Woods!!
I'd be real happy with a '16 S buffalo, since I don't find that many to begin with.
Thanks, Dan! I'm amazed at what I stumble onto in my quest for some of that Captn Dan silver!

BandB1 said:
All sweet stuff kimsdad. I've a 1910 wheat, but no IH or Buff, yet. So good for you, Congrats!
Dman said:
Nice finds. The buffalo nickel is in great shape. Congrats on the IH penny.
allen said:
way to go on those three good looking coins...
Thanks guys!

nice job on the indian head penny and buffalo nickle! :thumbsup:

Nice finds and that blizzard up in the Dakotas is heading your way :( Enjoy the nice weather while you can

Nice job on the Indian upgrade and the Buffalo. I am still looking for my first Buffalo and you are making me want to go out again this Sunday.

Great hunt, the IH and Buffalo are real nice. I've been hunting a spot in the woods with Stormfighter the past few weekends here in the Northeast, great time of year to be out isn't it? Good luck at your spot.
Glenn

Looks like nature's been really kind to those coins :thumbsup: It's kinda cool to find "S" mint coins where we are.

WTG :thumbsup:
Nat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back