My son is quite a little detectorist!

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I set the alarm for 7 AM shortly before I turned in last saturday night, but at about a quarter 'till I feel a tap on my arm. "Dad, it's almost 7 and we need to get ready to go!" OK bud.....

It was the day of the Badu Park (Llano, TX) competition hunt sponsered by the Austin Metal Detecting Club, and to say that my 11 year old son was a little excited would be an understatement. He loves metal detecting, but he is crazy about competition hunting!

We arrived at the hunt site and he was in heaven! There were four separate hunts this day: Dollar hunt (all president coins), silver warm-up, kid's hunt (under 15), and main all silver hunt. Let me tell ya, he got his share of silver.

The little guy is like a race horse with blinders on when he hits the field. "When I put my headphones on and hear the whistle It's like I enter another world" he says.

He found a lot of coins that day, and also found the token for a new Garrett detector in the kid's hunt. ( He also won a Garrett GTAx in the last hunt we went to in Oklahoma), and on the way home he said, "Dad, it was a good day!" I'm glad you had fun bud!

First pic is his silver "take" for the day.......
Second is the Garrett detector he won in the kids hunt.

Attachments

• 100_2877.JPG
    100_2877.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 333
Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
good day sure sounds like it , finds wize -- but hey anytime you spend quality time with your kid is a good day, no matter what you find.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Talk about priceless! That is great. Congratulations to the youngster and to YOU For being a great DAD....Always a spot here for you and yours at the Swannanoa 4-h camp! NC HHHH

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wheres the pics ....................COME ON DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love hearing this , nice to hear kids get so into it I wish I'd have found this hobby when I was younger :icon_thumright: wtg little dude

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll try to get a pic or two for ya'll. Thanks, and stay tuned.

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pictures coming tomorrow guys. Been busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest lately. ;D

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: My son is quite a little detectorist! NOW WITH PICS!!!!!!!

Great pictures, his smile says it all. It's good to get involved in a hobby early in life and one that you can stick with so long as you can walk, or get around. I just hope that after the competition he realizes that those kind of finds don't happen every day ;D

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:icon_thumright: good lookin huntin partner there Dad .gotta love that eager grin he has . :icon_thumleft:

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Its great to hear stories like this. Congrats to both you having each other. :icon_thumright:

big paul

Sep 7, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES QUNTUM2

WOW AWESOME :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread