What's new

My Son's Awesome Find!

Driftwoood

Full Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2016
Messages
188
Reaction score
281
Golden Thread
0
Location
Schoharie County, NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, my son and I were out on a hunt and running out of targets at our first location, so we head out to location #2 for the remainder of the day. On the drive, I say to him, "I want to find one of those three cent coins"... Well, not more than a half hour into site #2, he pops this out of the ground... it was about two inches down, under a rock that had fallen from the edge of a gap in the stone wall. 1852. Jeez!

DSCN0934.webp DSCN0935.webp
 
Upvote 80
Sweet find!! That's still a bucket lister for most of us, Cograts!!
 
Nice find!

aj
 
Good for him! Way to go! He'll remember that his whole life.. The day he whipped his father. :) What a great memory, and totally worth giving up $20 in a find. Excellent trime, Driftwood!

That's nothing... a while back, I put many, many hours into the site of an inn from around 1800. I found some nice buttons, a lead seal, an 1893 Indian Head penny and some odds and ends. My son came with me one day and, after maybe an hour, finds this:

1785 Pattern.webp

So, I'm used to having my butt kicked.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom