What's new

My teller asked me to look at some coins she kept from her drawer.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
7,452
Reaction score
93
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chicago IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was dumping my first box of halfs when she asked if I had a min. I said sure. She went to her purse and brought back 2 Silver Eagles. She asked what the heck they were. I guess someone brought them in and she had no idea what they were so they only got a dollar a piece for them. If they were still in her tray I would of asked for them, but since she already had them in her purse I told her they were real US coins - not fake. She said that they have seen a few of them come through the bank, but everybody just thought they were oversized coins so they got rid of them ASAP. I told her that I want all of them that she see's, she said she will keep an eyeout for them and save them for me. So hopefully that would be the easiest silver I can get!!! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
I would love to find some eagles in a teller tray... I'd even settle for a peace or morgan! =)

~Dave
 
Yea can't imagine this happening .......


Untill it happend to me........

The young male teller had these 4 in a dwar along with 9 other Ike's

He noted that they were larger than the other 9 but they did say one dollar on them so I gave him a $1 apiece for them also........ :icon_scratch:

Mojo
 

Attachments

  • teller.gif
    teller.gif
    43.7 KB · Views: 500
  • teller.gif
    teller.gif
    43.7 KB · Views: 513
The 2 she showed me were not as nice as yours. They were definitely used - where I dunno. They were all scratched and marred and discolored. But they were 2 Silver eagles. I guess people just see the $1 on the back and use them as a $1 coin, their loss. :D
 
Too bad they were all 97's and not 96's =)

I'm looking at my own eagles right now... but I had to pay A LOT more than a dollar for them. lol

Nice work to you guys.

~Dave
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom