pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wasn't sure where to post this so here it is ...
This box has been in the attic for almost 20 year... But I need to sell what I have... any suggestions for best prices for most of this silver common coins ?
Flea Bay it like everything else.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'd weigh the option of donating the collection (like to the BSA and taking a 501 C 3 write off) versus any other option. Another consideration: How much is your 'time' worth--if you choose to sell off the pieces one at a time or even in 'sets'?
If you had any valuable pieces (say, over $20), then maybe market those pieces through Flea Bay.
You might start the process by itemizing each piece of your collection with your evaluations.
Don in SoCal

OP
OP
TORRERO

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd weigh the option of donating the collection (like to the BSA and taking a 501 C 3 write off) versus any other option. Another consideration: How much is your 'time' worth--if you choose to sell off the pieces one at a time or even in 'sets'?
If you had any valuable pieces (say, over $20), then maybe market those pieces through Flea Bay.
You might start the process by itemizing each piece of your collection with your evaluations.
Don in SoCal
You make a good point here, because its going to take a long time to go through every coin, although most are Roosevelts and Mercs and most are in poor to regular circulated condition... I don't know of any "key dates" although I have not looked for all possible key date coins.. I do have several flying eagle cents, a few large cents a few really early dimes etc, will certainly set them aside for auction ... but the rest might be easier to offload in mass ...

OP
OP
TORRERO

TORRERO

Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don in SoCal
I also have a lot of Roman and early Spanish that I will probably post here for ID, and possible value, I know that that is your specialty :occasion14:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The local auction site it's crazy what coins go for actually.

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You make a good point here, because its going to take a long time to go through every coin, although most are Roosevelts and Mercs and most are in poor to regular circulated condition... I don't know of any "key dates" although I have not looked for all possible key date coins.. I do have several flying eagle cents, a few large cents a few really early dimes etc, will certainly set them aside for auction ... but the rest might be easier to offload in mass ...
You have some good options! Good luck to you!

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don in SoCal
Very good suggestions!
It would take a lot of time to go thru the whole collection,
so setting aside the more valuable coins for professional grading,
and sold thru eBay or an auction.
There's always a fee for getting rid of them that way, but it might be worth it....
Yeah, an itemized list is great for near total value of the collection - maybe you could will
your relatives....like I have....
I have my 50+ yr coin collection in my Red Book, with tally marks - unconventional way to do it,
yet the big job will be the volume, and what to do with it...! Treasure! :skullflag:

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good advice on here. Good luck with your sales.

OP
OP
TORRERO

TORRERO

Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Torrero,
Suggestion: Start another thread in the COIN forum requesting ID on your Roman and Spanish coins. Post pic of front and back of each coin.
Are they Mexican rather than Spanish? I may soon know.
Don in SoCal
All from Spain, I was stationed there 1989-91 then lived there from 1992-1996

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions