What's new

My very first box of halves

Smremm

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2009
Messages
45
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab
I picked up my very first box of halves today. I'm ten rolls in and so far a big skunkaroo. I did find one 1987 P, I think I heard those were worth keeping - so I kept it. But, at what point do you just stop hoping and realize you're searching someone's dump?
 
Upvote 0
When you've gone through the whole box.
I've gotten boxes where i'm 47 rolls into it, and then on the 48th roll i found 3 silvers- two Bennies and a '64. You never know where those silvers might show up.
You can also search for varieties like missing FGs, RPMs, DDOs, etc.
 
Smremm, if you stop midway, you will never know if that last roll had silver.

Inquiring minds want to know. :tongue3: :laughing7:

Very Addicting !!!
 
ya, ud be stupid to stop half way thru...do the whole box! thats y u buy a whole box, is to search the WHOLE thing! keep it up and hh!
 
Oh, I'm way too ODC to give up. I'll keep checking to the last coin. I'm about half way through - still nothing. I just don't have that exciting sense of anticipation when I open a roll. I pretty much know there not going to be anything - but that's okay. I'm not giving up on this box and I'm not giving up on the hobby either. I'll report back at the bitter end!
 
Keep that 1987. It's a very key date for the Kennedy Half Dollar set.
They were only found in mint sets. Not ment for circulation.
rileyboy
 
Okay, the box is empty. I was NOT skunked! Yay!

Right towards the end, I found two 40%ers, a 1968 D and a 1969 D. Plus, a very beautiful 1985 proof (S means proof, right? It sure looks like one.) I also kept two others which might be RPMs, which I didn't even know about until this thread. It may be that I wouldn't know one if it jumped out of the roll and bit me, but I'm going to take them to my local coin shop and ask. I'm still amazed at how much I don't know about coins.

So, I'll be going back to the bank tomorrow to ask them to order another box. I'm hooked! ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom