What's new

My Very First Finds!

Hangar Mom

Greenie
Joined
Jan 9, 2016
Messages
13
Reaction score
43
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cumberland Furnace, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
941000_10208598410816686_1883381818175503580_n.webp Not sure I loaded this correctly, forgive my ignorance! Found by the tree in my front yard. (sugar maple, the largest in the county) Hatchet head? Pull of some kind! This is exciting stuff! 30 30 ammo shell.
 
Upvote 42
Threads like this are the reason I drink! :)
 
Hmmm this raised / posed an interesting... momentary perplexing thought in my mind btw...

I thought long about it...
for about 30 seconds even.
And...
You know you are right... I do act young... Not old.

And I know why too...

Its my way of fighting... Getting old. :)

I mean sheesh...
That's boring enough all on its own.

Besides ... someone here has to do it...
And I am cheap entertainment.
 
Yo, Skippy...a zinc dime? got any pics? lol

Hangar mom, these folks are just welcoming you... ENJOY!
 
I'm so sorry it's not exciting to you. Why even bother commenting? Good grief. I only started using my MD 30 minutes ago. If this is the attitude I am going to encounter here, I am very disappointed.

Brit humor. I'm on your side, you picked up the wrong end of the stick. The point is, you seem happy with those finds which is great, so when we hopefully see you post the silver your going to get, it will be a good one.(because I can see your going to stick at it)
Oh well, I'll work on my jokes, but if you gotta explain them....
 
Heh... Skipp... you reading what I write now ?

:P

:)
 
Welcome to TNet Hangar Mom!

I wouldn't necessarily take Crusader's post offensively...at least if you interpret it as "If finding the relics you found got you excited about the hobby...just wait until you dig up your first silver piece. Cuz you'll really be excited then!" :) Im interpreting it that way since that is how it was for me 3 years ago when I got into the hobby. My first outing consisted of finding some modern clad and even though it was modern clad, I felt like I was on a treasure hunt. When I pulled up my first silver....although just a silver Roosevelt, I was still on cloud 9. When I landed my first piece of jewelry and gold...yeah, couldn't wipe the smile off my face for days.

TNET is full of great members and plenty that will happily share their tips and tricks with you. Don't forget to visit the forum specific to your detector's manufacturer to get some more great knowledge.

Looking forward to your next finds post! :)

Happy Hunting
-TwoYewts

I'm glad I didn't completely miss the mark with everyone.

I'm not normal, I blame that.
 
Well good, I don't sugar coat anything either. I like my jerks right up front where I can see them. If I think you're being a condescending jerk, I call it. Fair warning.

Firstly can I use that quote, I like it. Secondly, I prefer the word idiot, jerk is kind of American.
 
This is AWESOME! Welcome Hanger Mom!

You got spunk lady! Best of luck in your treasure hunting endeavors!
 
HangAr mom ? ? ?

You still with us ? ? ?

Or have you come to the great realization that you have joined a good group of intelligent people...

Who just happen to be slightly nuts. :)
 
After all...
The only difference between us and a madman is...

We are not mad.

(Salvador Dali quote btw... cannot take credit for that tidbit)
 
Congrats on your finds. Just keep enjoying what you are doing. Welcome to the forum.
 
LOL.. Yeah, it kind of is. I've been around the world a bit, and I think "Jerk" isn't one I hear much elsewhere. What do you Brits call each other, other than Idiots?

*that came out funny... but let's see where Crusader takes it.*

As a family site, I'm not going to dig that hole. Pun intended.

I've just come back from a community presentation to a local Association on our detecting finds, & this has cheered me up no end. Before it all gets deleted - 'Nice Finds'

Time to turn the TV on.
 
Last edited:
You ... are ... a ... MASTER... I love how you've responded here. I hope someday I can have that kind of grace. LOL

*bows* :notworthy:

Arent you older than me >? :P
 
Last edited:
As a family site, I'm not going to dig that hole. Pun intended.

I've just come back form a community presentation to a local Association on our detecting finds, & this has cheered me up no end. Before it all gets deleted - 'Nice Finds'

Time to turn the TV on.

They have T.V.s in England ?

:P
 
Hmmm....
I beginning to think this is going to be a good thread. :)
 
That was the point :P
 
***AARC begins telling "scar stories" like he is sitting on the Jaws boat***

"this one was from a Tiger Shark".... "this one is from an elephant"...

"And this BIG one is from tHE worst of em...
A woman,"
 
Actually... the scar from the door is so small...
That i would have to point it out to you before you could even see it :P
But,,,
It sure rang me bell.
 
View attachment 1260104 Not sure I loaded this correctly, forgive my ignorance! Found by the tree in my front yard. (sugar maple, the largest in the county) Hatchet head? Pull of some kind! This is exciting stuff! 30 30 ammo shell.
Good stuff!
You have an iron Splitting Wedge, with no hole for handle.
See the "mushrooming" on the big end, when a big sledge hammer repeatedly struck it?
And, you're right, you have a Drawer Pull.
....and that 30-30 rifle Shell can be dated to see how old it is - besides, it's a brass object! :thumbsup:
Metal detecting can be a great, fun, sometimes exciting adventure, while you learn more about the history of your Finds.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom