My very first worthy find (In my own back yard!)

precise26

Feb 13, 2008
This evening I decided to MD my back yard, for the first time in like 1 month. I usually do it for practice, and for the hopes of a good find seeing that my house is about 200 years old. Normally I check the usual spot and I have never touched the parking spots that have gravel. I decided for the first time to try it. I went to the first corner, swung with a high disc, and got a signal at the first swing. A fairly strong signal. I dig.. an dig, bout 3-5 inches deep, out pops a fairly big coin, similar to a canadian loonie, but heavier( Seeing Im in canada).I knew it was nothing modern or in circ around here. It was too dark to see so I stored it and continued. Nothing else was found. The total search was about 1 hour. I got indoors cleaned it up and it turned out to be an 1852 quebec half penny! My first find! Although the condition is poor, I am VERY happy with my find.

*** Added Cleaned pics. Coin cleaned for 1 full day, and is now soaking for tha night. Peroxide still produces lots of fizz so I expect even better results!

Attachments

• IMG_2577.JPG
    IMG_2577.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 1,070
  • IMG_2579.JPG
    IMG_2579.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 1,057
  • IMG_2585.JPG
    IMG_2585.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_2586.JPG
    IMG_2586.JPG