What's new

My worst find to date.

OmgFathead

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2010
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cantonment, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Garrett AT pro, Garrett Ace 250
So I woke up this morning with my arm itching like crazy and then I notice the rash starting. Well through out the day it has covered my forearms, lower legs and a very sensitive region. This afternoon I went back to where I dug the other day and sure enough the whole place was covered in Poison Ivy. I was so excited with finding my first 1800's coin that I didn't notice I was rolling around in it for about an hour. Poison Ivy R bad. Sad Part is I was an Eagle Scout and didn't notice that it covered the whole area within the old foundation I was searching in. I was actually laying on the ground in this patch like a mentally challenged sasquatch.
 

Attachments

  • IMAG0029.webp
    IMAG0029.webp
    29.8 KB · Views: 768
  • IMAG0030.webp
    IMAG0030.webp
    75.1 KB · Views: 767
Time to take some benadryl and bathe in some Calamine :o

I can't even walk downwind of that stuff without having a reaction. I had it so bad one time I couldn't use my hands, they were so swollen.
 
lol sorry dont mean to laugh its just the image you describe is funny, sucks you got the itch
 
Hope you git rid of it fast. When we were kids, my cousin had it so bad that he couldn't wear clothes or shoes for a month. Good luck.
 
Better than that feller that found that body in the slide at the park about a year ago...that was traumatizing to read! I still think that was the strangest "today's find" story I have ever read...posted right here on TNET!

~Tom
 
how do you discribe a mentally challenges sasquach??? ;D :laughing7: at least u werent skunked AND covered with poison ivy! wtg on ur first 1800s coin and hh
 
Remember -- your clothes (especially your shoes) are still covered with it. Everything needs a good washing, and I'd avoid mixing other clothes with them.
One season I kept getting poison ivy between my fingers because my shoelaces were contaminated.
 
ashleysflyr said:
Better than that feller that found that body in the slide at the park about a year ago...that was traumatizing to read! I still think that was the strangest "today's find" story I have ever read...posted right here on TNET!

~Tom


That was Paul "Tank69". I used to joke with him from time to time about that when we talked on the phone. That is for sure the worst kind of find for anyone, at least his find was rather "fresh". I think if there was any kind of decomposition, it would have put him into either the nuthouse, or made him lose his appetite for a year.
 
I got into some last winter... Dug into some roots that were dormant in the ground...Congrats on the coin.
 
I thought Sasquatch was ALREADY mentally challenged.....he hasn't decided to evolve into a higher form.....:)
Surely not laughing at your plight. My immune system is strong....I get into the stuff here in S. Korea.....it itches
for a couple of hours, or most one day, then disappears. But, my son or others with me......sends them to the
hospital. It is no fun. Hope you get better soon. Good find. :thumbsup:
 
Pictures! We need blister pictures! :headbang:

Just so we can remember all the fun all over again! :icon_sunny:
 
I use to get poison ivy in my younger days but a strange thing happened. At about age 16, I fell asleep on the beach and woke up several hours later. I was RED as an Indian. Even my eyelids were red. After the mass peeling of large patches of skin a strange thing happened. Poison Ivy didn't bother me and I walk around in shorts all summer.

Now the strangest thing I have ever seen was really bad. I was going to go swimming at our shore and noticed something in the water. It was a young lady's body and it was covered with crabs "the eating kind". They said she was in the water for two days. Fool that I am, I still eat them . Ah before spart jumps in, I mean the crabs. Frank
 
Oh yeah, the old PI. I have managed to just live with it most of the year. For me, it is very difficult to get rid of, and I have found most mad scientist cures do not work.
 
Yikes!! Poison Oak/Poison Ivy is nothing nice. My sympathy.

When I was about 13 years of age, I climbed a tree to gather wild grapes. I didn't realize that poison ivy had climbed the tree with the grape vines. I was wearing only shorts. No shirt or shoes. You can imagine the outcome of that adventure. :o :laughing7: The strange part of that was; my body must have decided that once was enough. Since that time, I've been able to take PO/PI leaves and rub them on myself with no effect. (Well, other than the sap on my hands that is ducedly difficult to get off with just soap and water. :laughing7:

I don't recommend this by the way, but Native Americans were known to take the young spring leaves and roll a couple of them in a piece of "flat bread", then eat them. Apparently, it would immunize them to the effects for about a full year.

Be observant and safe out there.

Eagle
 
TheRandyMan said:
Pictures! We need blister pictures! :headbang:

Just so we can remember all the fun all over again! :icon_sunny:
The blisters on the leg is hard to see because of the tattoo but they are there. It sucks trying to get pics of your arms by yourself. I gave up on the other arm but you should get the point by these pics.
Damn my floor was dirty didn't notice till I looked at the pics....embarrassed for yall to see that one
BTW if you ever get poison ivy and the pharmacist tell you to use cortizone 10 on it laugh at him as you punch him in the neck. Cortizone 10 is absolutely useless on poison ivy even the one that says it helps with itching from poison ivy.
 

Attachments

  • IMAG0032.webp
    IMAG0032.webp
    24.7 KB · Views: 297
  • IMAG0033.webp
    IMAG0033.webp
    13 KB · Views: 286
  • IMAG0042.webp
    IMAG0042.webp
    23.5 KB · Views: 285
  • IMAG0047.webp
    IMAG0047.webp
    45.9 KB · Views: 279
  • IMAG0040.webp
    IMAG0040.webp
    19.7 KB · Views: 279
Last year i got PI and put drops of bleach on the rash. I would let it sit for a few minutes, then wipe it off and do it again for about an hour! This is NOT, I repeat, NOT a good idea. I have scars from the bleach burning my skin!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom